Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So what happens if BF is below expectations?
I have zero clue but setting the bar at 8 wins with that schedule is laughable lol. They haven’t even needed an offense that last two years to get that. Also, is the incentive 25 ppg on the offense because if not, Parker better be getting 50% of that $$$.

• Agree
Reactions: MJ29

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines

That game just got even more interesting

Man this could cause some high drama that would be incredible to watch play out

I'll be rooting hard for this scenario:
Iowa enters the Nebraska game needing 28 points for BF to keep his job
10 seconds to play, Iowa beating Nebraska 23 - 7
Nebraska QB throws an errant pass, picked off by DeJean who can run untouched into the endzone.
Instead, he slides down, ending the game.
BF finishes the season averaging 24.58 points per game.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Man this could cause some high drama that would be incredible to watch play out

I'll be rooting hard for this scenario:
Iowa enters the Nebraska game needing 28 points for BF to keep his job
10 seconds to play, Iowa beating Nebraska 23 - 7
Nebraska QB throws an errant pass, picked off by DeJean who can run untouched into the endzone.
Instead, he slides down, ending the game.
BF finishes the season averaging 24.58 points per game.
BF would get a raise and contract extension.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I have zero clue but setting the bar at 8 wins with that schedule is laughable lol. They haven’t even needed an offense that last two years to get that. Also, is the incentive 25 ppg on the offense because if not, Parker better be getting 50% of that $$$.
I was thinking about why Barta would put these things in the contract. I also heard there was some delay in releasing the details of the contract from Friday to Monday. This is just me thinking as an attorney but when the hire was made and the plan put in place for Barta to be BFs boss there was a different president. I can totally see a new president, with all the bad press over nepotism, tell Barta that you need some written way of showing that it isn't in KF's hands whether BF stays or goes after this year to take away the conflict of interest issues. So they come up with these numbers to put in the contract to take it out of anyone's hands and then it is just a contractual matter. That was just me spitballing though.

Also, I think right now it is too hard to tell how difficult some of the schedule will be. I think both Rhule and Fickell are upgrades over their previous coaches. The question is will they be better in year one but they made some pretty good additions through the portal. The other question I have is can Mel Tucker get things back on track at MSU after last year. They have recruited really well since he has been there, maybe some of that recruiting starts to show up. I think you can count as likely wins for Iowa the two non-ISU non con games. Then Northwestern, Rutgers, Purdue and Minnesota. That is 6 wins. Now if Illinois takes a step back and MSU isn't as good again, then yeah that should be an 8 wins easy. And if for some reason it takes Wisconsin and Nebraska another year to get off the ground with new coaching, you could literally be looking at a 10 win season even without major improvement in the offense.