TJ’s Weaknesses Exposed Tonight

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
A wise friend once told me, “If everyone thinks you are insufferable, then are insufferable.” Similar to sports, you are what your posting record says. Instead of pointing the finger, point the thumb and try to change your behavior going forward.

Cjreimer

Apr 25, 2022
Do you really think the only options are "not be bothered at all" or "have psychotic break"? All of that happened and then we thumped Kansas a few days later and could be tied for the Big 12 again tonight. Teams lose to teams they "shouldn't lose to" in this conference. It happens every single year. Why do people pretend the world is ending over such a predictable event? The overreaction is just so toxic. Perspective is healthy, even as a fan.
Get over it. It’s not the end of the world.

Last edited:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
A wise friend once told me, “If everyone thinks you are insufferable, then are insufferable.” Similar to sports, you are what your posting record says. Instead of pointing the finger, point the thumb and try to change your behavior going forward.

I have a very short ignore list.

He’s on it.

• Agree
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I'll eat a bit of crow because I didn't think today would happen...recovering from Monday seemed like it would honestly take a few games and that in itself is quite the task.

Whatever TJ and staff did and for the players to respond like this takes some serious resolve.

For sure. I thought we'd win today, but domination wasn't something I really saw something. These guys are solid motivators and coaches.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
235pm
I was over it by Thursday and I'm done talking about. You guys want to talk Kansas I'm all ears, but I'm done arguing about it.

At first, I was so glad you decided to stop arguing but then apparently Monday night TJ was in charge of coaching you how not to have another melt down

307pm
Ok, thanks Dad.
317pm
OMG!!!!!! The audacity for me to post something in a game thread like "we don't matchup well with these guys".
Out of all the stuff people post in game threads and you're crying about that? A majority of people who post in game threads have posted far worse.
526pm
Who cares, there were probably about 50 people posting negative crap in the game thread. I don't see you calling them out.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
I won't apologize for being a passionate fan, besides, you have no idea some of the stuff I've dealt with on here from people for having ties to other schools even though I've been an ISU fan since 1985.
You have absolutely nothing to apologize for. By all accounts you’ve proven to be a very passionate Cyclone fan. Posting something negative or pessimistic (or hell, something factual that may not reflect well on our team, like a nasty stat or analytic) in a game thread is …quite literally what message boards (particularly free/anonymous/sports message boards) exist for. This is a safe space for fans to cheer AND vent - together, all the same time, day after day, game after game. Respectfully of course, and you’ve never crossed that line.

Nothing more annoying than the army of holier-than-thous that make it their life mission on free message boards to crush passionate fans for expressing emotion and opinions, as if these emotions and opinions are somehow evil or illegal or unnatural or wrong, or in any way affect their well-being/quality of life or the well-being/quality of life of any player, coach, or employee of Iowa State university.

PS. If someone here does not care to be around perceived negativity or pessimism or frustration - - or strongly does not agree for example of another poster claiming to be concerned to see the 2022-2023 Cyclones demonstrate an unfortunate trend on the road where late leads seem to collapse - there’s nothing wrong with that either! Perhaps consider blocking them?

jimonalog

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2020
I'm just along for the ride. I never entertained the thought that this team could be better than last year's. I'm a big Jones critic. There must be good reason this staff keeps inserting him. They see what we see. As Jaz gets healthy and King and Osun continue to improve, I'm hopeful. Can you imagine the day that Kal, Holmes, Grill all are on and the rest maintain their level of current play? Tamin will not cause this team to fail. We could exit early or go to the final four. I'm in for the ride wherever it goes.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
You have absolutely nothing to apologize for. By all accounts you’ve proven to be a very passionate Cyclone fan. Posting something negative or pessimistic (or hell, something factual that may not reflect well on our team, like a nasty stat or analytic) in a game thread is …quite literally what message boards (particularly free/anonymous/sports message boards) exist for. This is a safe space for fans to cheer AND vent - together, all the same time, day after day, game after game. Respectfully of course, and you’ve never crossed that line.

Nothing more annoying than the army of holier-than-thous that make it their life mission on free message boards to crush passionate fans for expressing emotion and opinions, as if these emotions and opinions are somehow evil or illegal or unnatural or wrong, or in any way affect their well-being/quality of life or the well-being/quality of life of any player, coach, or employee of Iowa State university.

PS. If someone here does not care to be around perceived negativity or pessimism or frustration - - or strongly does not agree for example of another poster claiming to be concerned to see the 2022-2023 Cyclones demonstrate an unfortunate trend on the road where late leads seem to collapse - there’s nothing wrong with that either! Perhaps consider blocking them?
I appreciate that!

They are partially right, I do need to do a better job of keeping my emotions in check and not getting so negative after losses. I don't mind losing, but sometimes it's the way we lose.

I was actually a lurker on this board for probably 10 years before I made an account. I figured out right away this place is almost cult-like in the sense that if you say anything negative or critical your fandom is quickly being questioned.

I got crucified on here for years because I didn't think Prohm shoukd have been hired and it should have went to TJ instead. By his last couple years I had 99% of people in agreement with me.

Alot of these guys personally have it out for me because when I first joined I would post actual facts in the In-State rivals forum and they didn't like that. Then they didn't like when I said I had family ties to K-State, even though I don't really say much about them.

I've also blocked plenty of people on here and they are free to do the same.