Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

StagecoachMike

Mar 24, 2021
Refs don’t want to deal with their incessant whining when they don’t get a call. I’m convinced.

It's crazy to follow the game threads. Shoot 7 more FTs than the opponent, opponent gets called for more fouls, but their fans have the audacity to say they're getting screwed at home and the refs are calling garbage fouls on Iowa.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Iowa has only played 3 ranked teams all year and hasn't played any team ranked higher than #15 all season yet. They only have two more chances (both on the road) so will probably end up 2-3 in games against ranked opponents. Iowa State meanwhile is currently 6-2 against ranked opponents with four of those top 10 ranked opponents. We have 4 more games against ranked opponents so will play more than twice as many as Iowa. Yeah, that B1G is such a meat grinder . . . . .

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Iowa has only played 3 ranked teams all year and hasn't played any team ranked higher than #15 all season yet. They only have two more chances (both on the road) so will probably end up 2-3 in games against ranked opponents. Iowa State meanwhile is currently 6-2 against ranked opponents with four of those top 10 ranked opponents. We have 4 more games against ranked opponents so will play more than twice as many as Iowa. Yeah, that B1G is such a meat grinder . . . . .

The B10 is terrible. See what happened when they played TCU, got ran off the floor.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Iowa must be using whatever collective money they do have to pay the refs to call every single contact a foul. I’m watching Indiana & Purdue beat the hell out of each other without much stoppage.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Iowa isn't bad. But Iowa isn't great either. But that being said, as good as they were the past couple of years I think THIS is the year they make the Sweet Sixteen...or at least have the best chance to. So many good/not great teams. However if they face a physical team, they're toast.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa shot 30 FTs.. again lol that’s the story. I think they’re a solid team overall but when the game isn’t tight they struggle mightily. The Big 10 is also very mid. Iowa’s toughest road game has been unranked Penn State or unranked MSU.

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Iowa isn't bad. But Iowa isn't great either. But that being said, as good as they were the past couple of years I think THIS is the year they make the Sweet Sixteen...or at least have the best chance to. So many good/not great teams. However if they face a physical team, they're toast.
Now #1 in KenPom offensive efficiency.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowas going to get a 7-10 seed. They are not beating a 1-3 seed on a neutral court lol

Help Support Us

Become a patron