Need a reason to stop watching WHO TV News (channel 13)?

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
Zach Fisher, who anchors their Saturday morning news said at the end of this morning's newscast "To all you Cyclone fans out there, rock chalk jay hawk". I had to rewind and play it back again because I thought I must have misunderstood what he said.

Then I googled him and found this in his bio on WHO's website:

"I went to the University of Kansas, Rock Chalk, but I am a Hawkeye fan at heart. So I have two different angles of dislike for the Cyclones."
View attachment 109250
How professional

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Looking forward to what he has to say next!

Not really, I don’t watch local news and could not care less about what their temporary news readers say about their personal lives.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Local news in Cedar Rapids teaches me to vote against mean people. 24/7/365. Mean people who say mean things are bad. Must kill the queen.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Local news in Cedar Rapids teaches me to vote against mean people. 24/7/365. Mean people who say mean things are bad. Must kill the queen.
....and yes, they are all over-compensating Mizzou grads outside of the weather people. I like the weather people....some orignal thought and critical analysis there.

coyoteclone

Jan 7, 2009
Zach Fisher, who anchors their Saturday morning news said at the end of this morning's newscast "To all you Cyclone fans out there, rock chalk jay hawk". I had to rewind and play it back again because I thought I must have misunderstood what he said.

Then I googled him and found this in his bio on WHO's website:

"I went to the University of Kansas, Rock Chalk, but I am a Hawkeye fan at heart. So I have two different angles of dislike for the Cyclones."
View attachment 109250

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
The butthurt in this fanbase never ends. It’s all good fun. Get over it.
I agree, although I get how it’s annoying if you live around it. It’s always, “I’m a Hawk and like to make fun of the Cyclones”. It’s almost never, “I’m a Cyclone and like to make fun of the Hawks”. Cyclone fans in the media always seem to have to be somewhat deferential to the Hawks in their professional capacity. The only person I ever remember regularly crapping on the Hawks was, love him or hate him, Steve Deace.

But overall I agree, our fan base gets up in arms way too often over minor perceived slights.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Really not a huge deal but very much a Hok move and if someone at KCRG or KGAN in CR threw out a 'Go Clones' they might make the headlines on their own site for not going full Haydenism.

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
But if you stop watching WHO TV.. you won’t be able to see the special on Thomas Pollard.

Should be very good!!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Sounds like a guy that likes to have a little fun during his newscast

And it doesnt look like he's one of their sports reporters, where you'd want them to take a more neutral stance. Some of these reporters move around so much on their way up, of course many of them are going to be fans of other teams. Its part of the fun.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Only in my 40's, but I watch some of the the local news. Not every night, but I try to catch the weather a couple times a week.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron