Do CF users keep getting older or do yoiunger people join the boards?

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I read an obit of a young guy who died a couple years ago and it was mentioned in it that CF was his most beloved hobby. Never figured out who that was, but it made me a little sad, because if he was active here, I probably knew him.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: MeanDean

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Do people realize how old "boomers" are? Late 60s early 70s at the youngest.
I guess I fall in the “young boomer category” but F that. It’s the new late 50’s category in my mind. Of course my wife says I have two faults: I don’t listen and ….something else. So there’s your lame boomer joke. My two son’s would never lower themselves to post on CF but they are always acceptable to any up to date news, rumors or general BS that can be garnered here.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I guess I fall in the “young boomer category” but F that. It’s the new late 50’s category in my mind. Of course my wife says I have two faults: I don’t listen and ….something else. So there’s your lame boomer joke. My two son’s would never lower themselves to post on CF but they are always acceptable to any up to date news, rumors or general BS that can be garnered here.
"Baby Boomer" is a generation, but to my mind "Boomer" is a mindset. There are lots of young Boomers who aren't part of the Baby Boomer generation, and lots of people in the Baby Boomer generation who are liberal/progressive.

Reactions: FriendlySpartan

ESciGuy

Mar 16, 2010
Joliet, IL
As far as I know, he didn't post here, but we came across a car with CyJerry (or something like that) in the JT lots last fall, with a guy passed out in the driver seat. Wasn't sure if we should call 911.

ESciGuy

Mar 16, 2010
Joliet, IL
I think the baby boom is 1946-1964. I am 62, born in 1960.
You're a young pup, then. From your username, I assume you either majored in Mathematics or at least has courses in Carver. I had Calc 1 8 am M-F in the basement first sem, and the no windows thing was brutal. Constant head-bobbing.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Not even sure how I came across CF. Lurked for a bit and finally made a username my senior year.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
You're a young pup, then. From your username, I assume you either majored in Mathematics or at least has courses in Carver. I had Calc 1 8 am M-F in the basement first sem, and the no windows thing was brutal. Constant head-bobbing.
I had the Calc series in Carver, but my name comes from one of my sons whining. He had the 8:00 am Calc II in Carver and was living in Helser so he could roll out of bed and get there. Then he had Calc III or differential equations or something at 8:00 am next term in Town Engineering and tragically had to get up 10 minutes earlier.

ESciGuy

Mar 16, 2010
Joliet, IL
I had the Calc series in Carver, but my name comes from one of my sons whining. He had the 8:00 am Calc II in Carver and was living in Helser so he could roll out of bed and get there. Then he had Calc III or differential equations or something at 8:00 am next term in Town Engineering and tragically had to get up 10 minutes earlier.
OK. I had to trek from Towers for that :(

Reactions: carvers4math

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
8 am classes were always quiet walking to them. 1 pm classes had huge waves and were always the the most talkative walks.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
There was a dumbass troll back in the day called Biscut (Yeah, that's the way he spelled it.) I hope that man fell into a hot springs acid bath and is to be never heard from again.

ESciGuy

Mar 16, 2010
Joliet, IL
Me too! I was in Storms, one of the imploded ones.
80-81 & 81-82 on Boyd (7th floor). Buddy who also lived on Boyd grabbed a few bricks for us after the implosion. Not sure when Springfest started out there, but it immediately followed VEISHEA, made finals success an iffy proposition.