Yet Another Boneheaded Move by the Iowa AD

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
If you read the article posted about OC they actually have raised significant money for charities.

I don’t doubt that they have done good things, but it’s still a boneheaded move to claim that you’re purchasing tickets on behalf of an established charity when you do not work for said charity.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
You have to go through specific routes to buy more than 19 or they ban your account.
You buy it as a Group, I understand that, but they got a group discount, because of the volume, not because they were getting them free to give to the B&G kids. They just disguised their identity, not defrauded the ticket office to gain free or discounted tickets. It would be a whole other story if they had gotten free tickets claiming they were for the B&G club kids, and then went as the students. But that is not what they did. They just had to identify as a group to buy tickets. Anyone can do that, I could buy a group of tickets for my employees, or my kids class, or anything. Hell I am sure several resalers do this too.

Only way it becomes fraud is if they claimed the B&G club to gain a bunch of free tix for kids, then went in their place.

Claiming what they did is fraud is a reach. I would be like calling all of us not using our real name on this board or twitter etc being guilty of fraud.

Reactions: ripvdub

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
The more I learn about the Orange Krush the more I like them. Imagine cyclone alley made attempts to travel to away games in these numbers.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
You guys put a ANF sticker on your helmet and don’t donate anything to farmers, so what is your point ?

To be fair, that organization has donated a lot of money to other causes. Despite none of them being farmers.

Reactions: BCClone

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Didn’t Iowa create and own the ANF logo?
The point is, You run around claiming ANF, and beat your chest to it, but they piss on Ag schools and Iowa State for being one all the time. UofI is a fraud for claiming ANF then doing absolutely nothing to help Farmers, even banning meat on certain days of the week on campus, UofI panders to the farmers and unfortunately too many of them are so damn blind they eat it up. Just like your BS wave, if it was actually out of the right place it would really be something but you guys use it as something to pat yourselves on the back. Look you good we are. Look what we do. We so special cuz of this. Its disgusting.

And its why Hawk fans get so pissed about AHF because they know its true.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
They impersonated a well known charity to get the tickets. Don’t know what else to tell you but that seems fraudulent to me.
What did they get? They paid for the tickets, just like anyone else. They didnt benefit from it.

So your real name is iahawks....or are you a fraud too, claiming to be someone you are not.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
The point is, You run around claiming ANF, and beat your chest to it, but they piss on Ag schools and Iowa State for being one all the time. UofI is a fraud for claiming ANF then doing absolutely nothing to help Farmers, even banning meat on certain days of the week on campus, UofI panders to the farmers and unfortunately too many of them are so damn blind they eat it up. Just like your BS wave, if it was actually out of the right place it would really be something but you guys use it as something to pat yourselves on the back. Look you good we are. Look what we do. We so special cuz of this. Its disgusting.

And its why Hawk fans get so pissed about AHF because they know its true.
Hard to call it a fraud when they partnered with Iowa Farm Bureau.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Does Iowa have a policy that prevents fans of another school from purchasing group tickets? I'm struggling to understand this controversy.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
What did they get? They paid for the tickets, just like anyone else. They didnt benefit from it.

So your real name is iahawks....or are you a fraud too, claiming to be someone you are not.
They obtained tickets by fraud. If I’m not allowed to purchase a fishing license for some reason and use another person’s identity and pay for that license that way, then that is fraud. I’m not saying they should be persecuted for this at all, just saying they have zero legal legs to stand on and it could negatively effect their organization if they did so.

• Dumb
Reactions: 2speedy1

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Hard to call it a fraud when they partnered with Iowa Farm Bureau.
Not much of a fan of that company either. But just because they partnered with a farmer, doesnt make them a farmer. Just more pandering BS.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
They obtained tickets by fraud. If I’m not allowed to purchase a fishing license for some reason and use another person’s identity and pay for that license that way, then that is fraud. I’m not saying they should be persecuted for this at all, just saying they have zero legal legs to stand on and it could negatively effect their organization if they did so.
You are comparing a license, a legal document, to a ticket to a basketball game. Really.

• Winner
Reactions: Die4Cy

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Does Iowa have a policy that prevents fans of another school from purchasing group tickets? I'm struggling to understand this controversy.
Yes, I think both they and the B1G do. They dont want other fans in their 3/4 empty stands overpowering their own fans.

Iowa fans are really soft.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
You are comparing a license, a legal document, to a ticket to a basketball game. Really.
They tried to benefit by obtaining a large block of tickets at a group rate that they wouldn’t have been able to obtain without trying to impersonate another charitable organization.

• Dumb

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Yes, I think both they and the B1G do. They dont want other fans in their 3/4 empty stands overpowering their own fans.

Iowa fans are really soft.
If they would have purchased 200 individual tickets scattered across the arena there wouldn’t be any problems.

• Creative

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
They tried to benefit by obtaining a large block of tickets at a group rate that they wouldn’t have been able to obtain without trying to impersonate another charitable organization.
LOL, really. so no one else can get large blocks of tickets. LOL, you know how many companies I know that buy large blocks of tickets to all sorts of games and events. You are reaching here.

I can call the ticket office and tell them I want to buy 200 tickets, for my poker club, and they will sell them to me, for my kids class, for my employees, or for the local charity. It doesnt matter. You are trying to claim they did something they didnt. And its a pretty far reach.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
LOL, really. so no one else can get large blocks of tickets. LOL, you know how many companies I know that buy large blocks of tickets to all sorts of games and events. You are reaching here.

I can call the ticket office and tell them I want to buy 200 tickets, for my poker club, and they will sell them to me, for my kids class, for my employees, or for the local charity. It doesnt matter. You are trying to claim they did something they didnt. And its a pretty far reach.
Of course a legit company can get blocks of tickets. But the AD reserves the right to which ones are allowed or not. If they would have said they were with the OK they would have been denied. They then lied and said they were something else in order to obtain the tickets. Not sure what you call that, but I call it fraud. They were representing something they were not.

• Creative

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
So next year, why not a group of Ames businesses band together and purchase a block of 200 for the IA - IlL game and sell them to Orange Krush for a profit and then donate the proceeds to WeWill? Everyone benefits that way.
Is Illinois supposed to be any good next year? If so, Iowa probably won't be scheduled to play them as they usually get one of the easiest schedules in the B1G.