*** Official #13 IOWA STATE vs Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
This is exactly like last year when all teams did was force IB to his right and our offense completely shut down.

I think Lipsey is going to be a solid player for us and has exceeded expectations as a true freshman, but his limitations are showing and coaches in this league will exploit it.

Losing Williams this year hurt more than we’ve realized given early success of the team.

• Winner
Reactions: ISUChippewa

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
Good post. However, i think people like me are just dumbfounded is all. its not like we haven't played in a hostile environment or faced a press this year. to be honest most the turnovers were not even that pressured.

it was like some switch was pulled and we turned into 8th graders for 10 minutes.

ISU in most sports has never handled being in the top ten very well, so this is just another example. now we can focus on being either barely ranked or just outside the top25, getting to the tournament, which was my goal the whole time.
It is very interesting and aggravating at the same time how some tendencies transcend seasons and coaching staffs with Iowa State basketball. Let's hope these are quickly rectified anomalies and do not become trends.

Reactions: ISU_Guy
Jan 31, 2023
what the **** is he doing on the floor? worse player I have ever seen, guess I shouldn't call him a player
Rob made 2 free throws down the stretch and somehow, he's the one your shitting on?

Gabe and Holmes, our "leaders" were nowhere to be found. Including Gabe making 1/3 FTs.

Osun never left the locker-room last night.

Lipsey played maybe the worst half of basketball I've ever seen from a player in a cyclone jersey.

And Otz called every timeout 2 possessions late while his rotations continue to be absolutely horrible.

But Rob gets **** on, sure.

• Informative
  • Dumb
Reactions: CyBobby and Lineup

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Checked the score and we were up 21 and Fell asleep. I have a large degree of shock right now. What in the **** happened?

The wheels fell off. TT drove the lane like a hot knife thru butter. Started hitting 3s, and we lost our minds trying to bring the ball down the court.

peatyscotch

Feb 16, 2022
Rob made 2 free throws down the stretch and somehow, he's the one your shitting on?

Gabe and Holmes, our "leaders" were nowhere to be found. Including Gabe making 1/3 FTs.

Osun never left the locker-room last night.

Lipsey played maybe the worst half of basketball I've ever seen from a player in a cyclone jersey.

And Otz called every timeout 2 possessions late while his rotations continue to be absolutely horrible.

But Rob gets **** on, sure.
Wow. Talk about overstating. Have you forgotten the Iowa game? This team lays an egg every once in a while. But they always come back strong, because what they may lack in talent and depth they (usually) make up for in character and teamwork.

Do you think there is anyone in Cyclone nation who feels worse about this game than TJ and the team? They need a little loving and support, rather than posts like yours. Never seen where crapping on people made them better players.

• Dumb
Reactions: PovertyProgram

peatyscotch

Feb 16, 2022
There's plenty of evidence that he can coach.

Getting this team up off the mat after last night will be a huge test. I don't think they bottom out like ISU did in 18/19 but I think they'll get thumped pretty good Saturday and struggle hard for a couple of weeks.
I agree Madguy. You were replying to a post that questioned whether TJ can coach, and I agree with your reply. People seem to be forgetting that we were picked to finish 8th or 9th in the Big 12. As you said, there is plenty of evidence that this guy can coach.

Jan 31, 2023
Wow. Talk about overstating. Have you forgotten the Iowa game? This team lays an egg every once in a while. But they always come back strong, because what they may lack in talent and depth they (usually) make up for in character and teamwork.

Do you think there is anyone in Cyclone nation who feels worse about this game than TJ and the team? They need a little loving and support, rather than posts like yours. Never seen where crapping on people made them better players.
I am not the one crapping on players. I don't like Rob any more than anybody else, but he was like 4th or 5th on the list of people who deserved criticism last night. A guy who played 18 minutes in an OT game should not be the scapegoat. Not to mention he had a 0 plus/minus, better than every starter but Grill. If people are going to **** all over a guy that definitely didn't deserve it for last night, then yeah I'll point out who does deserve it.

Last edited:

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Purdy hurt, Bengals lose, and 2 ugly basketball games. Thank God the wrestlers beat OSU or I'd find a cliff!

Reactions: CyBobby

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Rob is now 15-41 (36.5%) from the floor in Big 12 games. That's not good but not as bad I thought it would be. Conditt shot 66.3% from the floor last year. I do think Rob is a better rebounder and defender than Conditt. George was a better passer. I would like to see Rob take about half as many shots as he's attempting. He should focus on crashing the boards.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Rob is now 15-41 (36.5%) from the floor in Big 12 games. That's not good but not as bad I thought it would be. Conditt shot 66.3% from the floor last year. I do think Rob is a better rebounder and defender than Conditt. George was a better passer. I would like to see Rob take about half as many shots as he's attempting. He should focus on crashing the boards.
I think a comparison of Rob to Conditt isn't really fair, as they didn't ask Conditt to do near as much on offense as they do Rob. Seemed like most of the time they asked Conditt to pass out of the high post, and most of Conditts scoring was him alone under the basket or on fast breaks. They are clearly trying to run the offense through the low post much more this year with both Osun and Rob. We may feel we don't want Rob taking so many shots, but his minutes suggest he is doing exactly what the coaches want from him.

Reactions: simply1

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
It is very interesting and aggravating at the same time how some tendencies transcend seasons and coaching staffs with Iowa State basketball. Let's hope these are quickly rectified anomalies and do not become trends.
It's caliber of athletes. When you're a developmental program you have to work really hard for success. The good teams get the talent and work just as hard. They have off nights too but they aren't going to crater on their off nights. Much higher floor.

TJ has the talent coming. We shall see.