When does 2023 Conference Schedule come out?

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
My only "must" is that the 4 new teams should each get to play OU and UT at home one time before the departure. Assuming they're still going to be around for 2 more years ('23 and '24), there's plenty of space to make it work.

At this point, if I were the Big 12 office, I'd already have the matchups done and now be scrutinizing other P5 conferences' schedules to find where their potentially ****** weeks are -- then slot the "best" Big 12 games on those weekends to all but guarantee the best network spots.

So assuming if the Big12 is creating a 2 year home & home schedule, your saying OU/UT's schedule the next 2 years would include 5 current Big 12 teams and the 4 new teams each year? How does that make sense, unless you want to ensure that OU or UT are Big12 champs.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
So assuming if the Big12 is creating a 2 year home & home schedule, your saying OU/UT's schedule the next 2 years would include 5 current Big 12 teams and the 4 new teams each year? How does that make sense, unless you want to ensure that OU or UT are Big12 champs.

I never said anything about them playing at OU/UT.

The ideal setup, as I understand it, is that in this 2-year schedule every team will play each other at least once. With 18 games (9 each year), that sets up for 5 doubles and 8 singles. For OU/UT, in this exercise, road games against the 4 new teams would come out of the 8 singles. The other 4 singles would be home games against remaining members. 1 of the 5 doubles would be the OU/UT neutral-site games. The other 4 doubles would be against remaining members.

• Creative
Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
My only "must" is that the 4 new teams should each get to play OU and UT at home one time before the departure. Assuming they're still going to be around for 2 more years ('23 and '24), there's plenty of space to make it work.

At this point, if I were the Big 12 office, I'd already have the matchups done and now be scrutinizing other P5 conferences' schedules to find where their potentially ****** weeks are -- then slot the "best" Big 12 games on those weekends to all but guarantee the best network spots.
'cept all the games (Fox, CBS, NBC) will have Big10 games regardless, or SEC.

So yeah, ESPN, FS1, other streaming to the rescue. It is what it is now. Just kinda makes me barf.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
There has been conjecture that if I were the Big 12 commissioner, I would tell them to stick the schedule so far up their nether-regions that they could taste it.

This is probably one of the many reasons that I am not, in fact, the commissioner.
The fact they played a role in the Yormark hire still blows my mind. I thought it was a joke initially.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I think the bigger issue is getting teams to approve the schedule. Sounds like there is a process where the Big12 creates a draft schedule and then sends to schools for review and comment on possible issues. There has been conjecture Houston wants to play the Longhorns in Houston before the horns bolt. There also has been conjecture that OU & UT don't want to play certain new members.
What are they gonna do if they don't get their way? They have nothing left to hang over the conference

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
IDK, just guessing, they could claim they were mistreated, then try to sue or loosen their GoR release payment.
The years of litigation that would go thru...
If they were going to bargain their way out, that would have already happened. They've also already had NCAA committee appointments stripped from them by the conference

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
ACC just released their schedule tonight.

This threw me off-kilter for a few seconds ... I'm accustomed to the schedule charts having teams across the top and game dates on the left column ... so first-glance, I thought, "How the heck is ACC getting four bye weeks?" :confused::)
How often do Conferences have teams which open the season against each other? I see that Louisville and Georgia Tech are playing each other in game 1.

Isn't that unusual?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron