49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
This is an interesting read from a 49ers writer that is coming around on rooting for Purdy.

Hating on things and being kind of an a-hole is Drew Magarys thing. He's pretty entertaining though. Some people probably remember him from his days at Deadspin before that place went completely off the rails.

• Informative
Reactions: wenkeej

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
It has been a long time since I have been this excited for an NFL game, even the playoffs. Anyone else who is a Vikings fan probably empathizes with lacking excitement during playoffs.

This is unprecedented where we have an Iowa State alumnus in the NFL making a difference at as a starting QB in the NFC championship! I never thought I'd see the day this happened.

Brock deserves a special thanks just for making this meaningful and exciting for all of us.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
It has been a long time since I have been this excited for an NFL game, even the playoffs. Anyone else who is a Vikings fan probably empathizes with lacking excitement during playoffs.

This is unprecedented where we have an Iowa State alumnus in the NFL making a difference at as a starting QB in the NFC championship! I never thought I'd see the day this happened.

Brock deserves a special thanks just for making this meaningful and exciting for all of us.

Last time I was this excited was probably in 2017 for the Philly disaster. Hope San Fran's trip to Philly ends up better than that nightmare for the Vikings..

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago

Wait 'til he goes to the Super Bowl.

I can't wait to watch the Disney movie.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019

im actually anxious/nervous for this game because i want him to goto the sb.

plus i hate the eagles.

dogsh*t city and people.

vince papale is a fraud

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and 0u812

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Link from above article. Sorry if this has already been posted, but I found this really fascinating and did not know about this pre-draft work he was doing.

Relevant: I recall from sometime long ago that Brock's father Shawn was a professional baseball player. Here is the top link from a search on "Purdy professional baseball":

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Relevant: I recall from sometime long ago that Brock's father Shawn was a professional baseball player. Here is the top link from a search on "Purdy professional baseball":

But Purdy also came out of college brilliant. There is a proprietary cognition test some teams and trainers use in order to get a better understanding of how a player’s brain works—it measures functions such as impulse control, which have a direct correlation on how likely they are to throw the correct routes in correct situations. Purdy rated as a starting NFL quarterback. He had a library of experience and situational learning in the pocket.

Reactions: nrg4isu