Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Iowa's remaining schedule (and my prediction)

vs. Rutgers: L (Rutgers will remember losing at home to them)
vs. NW: W
vs. Illinois: W
@Purdue: L
@Minnesota: W
vs. Ohio St: W
@NW: W
@Wisky: L
vs. MISU: W
@ Indiana: L
vs. Nebby: W

That would put them at 19-12 so yeah probably 10 seed range.
This makes me laugh. I listened to part of the game in the car. Early second half, Dolphin or Hansen, can't remember for sure, mentions Rutgers on Sunday. Then Dolphin says, "there are no nights off in the Big Ten." The above schedule says otherwise.

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I just don't see how the ingredients are going to get any better for Fran. He had 3 years with 1st team All-American players and amounted to one NCAA win.
This. Look at last year. Iowa has a POTY finalist and 4th overall NBA draft pick. Its always gonna take luck for them (or ISU for that matter) to have a player of that caliber. Fran can't surround him with enough talent to get better than, what, a 5 seed? Fran has shown fans the ceiling and its not very high at all. Pretty hilarious how many of them are ok with it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This makes me laugh. I listened to part of the game in the car. Early second half, Dolphin or Hansen, can't remember for sure, mentions Rutgers on Sunday. Then Dolphin says, "there are no nights off in the Big Ten." The above schedule says otherwise.

Well if you're an average team they have a point.

Any average team can beat other average teams.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
This. Look at last year. Iowa has a POTY finalist and 4th overall NBA draft pick. Its always gonna take luck for them (or ISU for that matter) to have a player of that caliber. Fran can't surround him with enough talent to get better than, what, a 5 seed? Fran has shown fans the ceiling and its not very high at all. Pretty hilarious how many of them are ok with it.
Fran has won 4 of 5 against ISU that's more important to them than the post season

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Yeah, they've got a guy who has almost shot 100.
Rebraca with 110 for the Hawks. Next closest is Perkins and Murray with 57 each. Rebraca has been so much better this year than last. Totally unrecognizable from the guy he was last year. Where would they be without a guy that is almost tripling his scoring output, doubling his rebounding, and averaging over a block per game? He is low key their most important player IMO, no disrespect to Kris or Connor.

• Agree
Reactions: RezClone

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Rebraca with 110 for the Hawks. Next closest is Perkins and Murray with 57 each. Rebraca has been so much better this year than last. Totally unrecognizable from the guy he was last year. Where would they be without a guy that is almost tripling his scoring output, doubling his rebounding, and averaging over a block per game? He is low key their most important player IMO, no disrespect to Kris or Connor.

Impressive for a big to be 2nd on the team in minutes. Especially at his age ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Pretty sure that Fran teaches jumping into contact, which is almost certainly where Joe picked it up.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
View attachment 108848 Unrelated to Iowa basketball and more of a commentary on Toussaint: He is going to spend his entire collegiate career playing for Fran and Huggy bear. The guy must love verbal abuse.
I've never once gotten the impression that WVU players dislike playing for Huggins, many in fact credit him for huge impact in their lives. How he is in the "heat of battle" likely differs greatly from how he is at practice, meals, and meetings

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Iowa's remaining schedule (and my prediction)

vs. Rutgers: L (Rutgers will remember losing at home to them)
vs. NW: W
vs. Illinois: W
@Purdue: L
@Minnesota: W
vs. Ohio St: W
@NW: W
@Wisky: L
vs. MISU: W
@ Indiana: L
vs. Nebby: W

That would put them at 19-12 so yeah probably 10 seed range.
Id say flip Illinois to a L, Underwood has had Frans number and they have too good of shooting to get shut down by Iowa. Everything else feels fine. Maaaaaybe @indiana a W but idk

Minny is a landmine Iowa cant afford to play mediocre in. They're playing better as of late, and dropping that one could end up as a kill shot for them

Reactions: mj4cy

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010

On one side, that's three home games in a row against unranked teams. That's what we call November scheduling.
On the flip side, their next four games are against the conference's 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 1st place teams.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I've never once gotten the impression that WVU players dislike playing for Huggins, many in fact credit him for huge impact in their lives. How he is in the "heat of battle" likely differs greatly from how he is at practice, meals, and meetings

Pretty sure he's well liked by quite a few coaches too.

Reactions: 8bitnes

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
On one side, that's three home games in a row against unranked teams. That's what we call November scheduling.
On the flip side, their next four games are against the conference's 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 1st place teams.
The drop off from 1 to the rest of the field in the Big 10 is ENORMOUS this year.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
If I remember correctly, during COVID Huggy did his coaches show from his deck while sipping whiskey. He had some good comments during those shows

Reactions: 8bitnes and CoKane

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron