KXNO Sports Fanatics

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
They do that for a reason, at least they have said so in the past, because the closer to 7:00 the larger the audience. Travis did say this morning “they were playing big boy basketball in Ames last night.” It was complimentary.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
It took the Morning Rush 40 minutes in hour 1 to get to discussion of our game.
They spent the first 37 minutes talking about Drake, spent 10 minutes talking about ISU, started off the next hour talking about Drake again, then said they spent enough time in the first hour talking about ISU.

• Wow
Reactions: Cyrocks

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
They spent the first 37 minutes talking about Drake, spent 10 minutes talking about ISU, started off the next hour talking about Drake again, then said they spent enough time in the first hour talking about ISU.

CF podcasts, IA Everywhere, Cyclone Radio Network shows on Varsity Network app.

It’s like 15 hours a week of actual good content. KXNO hasn’t deserved ISU fans in years.

A great trick is listen to Walters/Heft postgame show the next day on drive.

Reactions: CapnCy

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

Yeah, I'm done listening to those 2 clowns. It's clear they are a couple of hawks who don't want to give ISU any respect.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
They probably never talk ISU because they get loser hokroach fans, who are used to KXNO ball washing the Hawkeyes every day, complaining when ISU cuts into any of the air time. Here’s a dandy of a tweet tonight from a hokroach.

Reactions: MJ29

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
They probably never talk ISU because they get loser hokroach fans, who are used to KXNO ball washing the Hawkeyes every day, complaining when ISU cuts into any of the air time. Here’s a dandy of a tweet tonight from a hokroach.

Heather's the only ISU fan left on that station. It's only a matter of time before it's all Hawkeyes, all the time.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I know but it is far from propaganda.

I'm not saying the guy is like Goebbels or something. I'm saying everything you're going to get from him is extremely slanted toward the police and is going to be the best possible spin. There is a word for that and it's copaganda.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
It is a sponsored segment. I think it also counts towards their PSA/Community Outreach hours that are required in radio.

I figured as much. As many have shared, it can sound/feel "something" given also the relationship to a host....and pretty openly talking about then how other hosts/affiliates hang out.

Reactions: MJ29

FilthyShadow

Sep 21, 2011
Tuned into the Morning Rush 1st time today in months. First thing I hear is Ross screaming an opening for Bruno. Turned it off. Ross screaming on radio is unnecessary and old hat.

• Winner
Reactions: CyNews and Acylum

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Tuned into the Morning Rush 1st time today in months. First thing I hear is Ross screaming an opening for Bruno. Turned it off. Ross screaming on radio is unnecessary and old hat.
This times 1000. It’s every single show. And the forced fake laughter for 20 seconds when the other host says something Ross or Travis thinks is hilarious.

Reactions: CyNews

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
This times 1000. It’s every single show. And the forced fake laughter for 20 seconds when the other host says something Ross or Travis thinks is hilarious.
I'm assuming it had to do with boobs, butts, farts, or possibly poop?