Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I think they've been justified going to Iowa. Who was their only other D1 offer, Western Illinois? They ain't making the NBA if they are Leathernecks instead of Hawkeyes.

The only real egregious thing Fran has done with the Murray's is how he managed Kris' minutes last season

Sure they would.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Yeah someone brought it up and he didn’t seem to care much about facts lol.
Even at 2-22 we would've drawn 8-10,000 fans to the last game just to watch the season play out. We wouldn't have been enthused or even liked it but we would have shown up. I've sat thru enough bad BB in Hilton to know this.

• Agree
Reactions: CYDJ

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Even at 2-22 we would've drawn 8-10,000 fans to the last game just to watch the season play out. We wouldn't have been enthused or even liked it but we would have shown up. I've sat thru enough bad BB in Hilton to know this.
There were many ISU fans on here saying they weren't even watching the games on TV anymore during that season.

• Dumb
Reactions: mikeiastat

trevn

Jerome Tang Surveillance Team
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Since we are talking Murray’s, I’ll share a short story. Kenyon is coaching the girls varsity at Cedar Rapids Prairie, I’m assuming because his daughter plays. I was at the game last Friday and he was visibly angry on the sideline. They were playing ok but losing. At one point he moved to the end of the bench and pretty much stopped coaching. At the end of the 3rd quarter I looked up and he was gone. Wasn’t on the bench at all in the 4th quarter. One of the weirdest things I’ve seen.

I know some people on the team and evidently he sent an apology email for leaving. This seemed really weird and out of character for him.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I stand by my statement. Your fan base sucks it really is that simple.
They have better basketball fans for sure, but for good reason since they have fielded a lot better teams in the last 25 years. Back in the 80s and 90s Carver was rocking. Been a long time since then, but it can happen again with the right AD and coach. Carver is rocking for wrestling meets and does really good for women's bball. So I know it can happen again for men's bball.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They have better basketball fans for sure, but for good reason since they have fielded a lot better teams in the last 25 years. Back in the 80s and 90s Carver was rocking. Been a long time since then, but it can happen again with the right AD and coach. Carver is rocking for wrestling meets and does really good for women's bball. So I know it can happen again for men's bball.

But even then it was not the same as Hilton. Like I think Kinnick in general is a stronger game day atmosphere than Jack Trice. Both pale in comparison to Camp Randall.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
But even then it was not the same as Hilton. Like I think Kinnick in general is a stronger game day atmosphere than Jack Trice. Both pale in comparison to Camp Randall.
And Hilton pales in comparison to Carver for wrestling and for good reason there too.

• Haha
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Sure they would.
Theoretically, sure they could have. But it would have severely lowered the possibility. When was the last time you caught a Western Illinois game on TV? I doubt the scouts would have really bothered to notice, either. They would have been late 2nd rounders or undrafted d leaguers at best IMO.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
And Kris minutes freshman year and Keegan’s minutes freshman year. Really just how he handled them from day one.
Idk. Those teams were pretty front loaded at their positions with upperclassmen IIRC. And Kris specifically wasn't all that good his FR year. With Keegan you could kind of see it right away. With Kris you kind of thought maybe he was just gonna be a guy while Keegan was the twin that got all the talent. Turns out they're both pretty good, although Keegan is still quite a bit more stand-outish IMO.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Camp Randall is either a zoo or a library. I think Kinnick is more consistent in support of like a 8-4 team but a good Wisconsin team vs a top team is crazy

Last edited:
Reactions: madguy30

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Since we are talking Murray’s, I’ll share a short story. Kenyon is coaching the girls varsity at Cedar Rapids Prairie, I’m assuming because his daughter plays. I was at the game last Friday and he was visibly angry on the sideline. They were playing ok but losing. At one point he moved to the end of the bench and pretty much stopped coaching. At the end of the 3rd quarter I looked up and he was gone. Wasn’t on the bench at all in the 4th quarter. One of the weirdest things I’ve seen.

I know some people on the team and evidently he sent an apology email for leaving. This seemed really weird and out of character for him.
The McCaffery influence ruins even the most respectable of men. It will wear anyone down who gets too close eventually.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Carver was what like 60 miles closer to Des Moines back then?