49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
The Bears would absolutely destroy Georgia. I mean crime scene footage.
Not to derail the thread. But me an a buddy had a conversation at halftime of the national championship game, could the Bears make the comeback in the second half? We ultimately determine it probably would have taken all half, but they could pull it out.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
Every QB has 1-2 bad throws per game; even Brady against the Cowboys. Don't hold BP to a different standard than any other QB.
This. Most of Mahomes or Lawrence read/throws are what Purdy is doing. Could they beat him in a long ball contest? Sure.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Thoughts rattling in my head

1) 3 out of the 4 QBs left...you would say they have swagger...and not in a bad way. Burrow with his cigars in the locker room, Mahomes with his physics-defying escapes and throws. Don't know if Hurts has swag, but I do know when he returned from his shoulder injury, he wore a shirt to the stadium that depicted the front page of the Chicago Sun Times the day after Jordan returned where the headline announced "I'm Back." I wouldn't say Brock has swag, but I would say he has confidence. Sure, you see him celebrate after a TD, but it's more "Our team scored!", not "Look at me!" I feel like the most we would see from Brock would be a wry smile after pulling a patented Purdy pump to gain 8 yards plus with his feet. (Ohhhh, to see that next week at some point)
2) Lots of talking heads mention how Brock has not only played A LOT of snaps in college, but went through adversity at points during that time. As I stew on that, I feel like that's a chunk of why he's succeeding. It seems to be rare where the QBs out of the "big boy" football legacy schools are successful right out of the gate like Brock.

I probably could prattle on some more, but I'll just leave it at that.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
There is a difference. Jalen Hurts played 3 years at Alabama (2 as a starter), played in 3 National Championship Games (2 as a starter), won two SEC Championships (started one and finished the other), etc. went to OU as a free agent for one year after making his name at Alabama, not one year at Alabama with a transfer for 3 at Oklahoma. Jalen is still considered part of the Alabama family by Alabama and by Jalen. The other players you mentioned are different situations.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Holy smokes.

First off, sorry about spamming the thread, but I NEED for this to happen.

No matter what happens from here on out for the 49ers.

Brock Purdy

George Kittle

Cy-Hawk game, Ames, IA

Show highlights of Brock and Kittle from this past season and playoffs between the first and second quarter.

Bring both of them on the field to thunderous applause.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Holy smokes.

Brock Purdy

George Kittle

Cy-Hawk game, Ames, IA

Show highlights of Brock and Kittle from this past season and playoffs between the first and second quarter.

Funny, the two times we've had College GameDay, ISU got shorted on the celebrity picker. First it was a total outsider (lol) in Eric Church, then it was hokeye shill Aston Kutcher. Well, we have a celebrity now. In fact, quite a few of them. Not only solid NFL/NBAplayers in Montgomery, Lazard, Niang and Monte Morris, but a legit NBA All-Star in Haliburton and now pretty much the story of the NFL in Purdy. Things are trending pretty well for ISU.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I think Purdy is likely to follow the Tom Brady playbook, likely take a little less than he's worth to enable the team to keep more talent around him. If Purdy gets a ring this year he will be ahead of Brady's title pace. Brady also hit a fairly long dry spell after winning his third so not out of the question for Purdy to be ahead of him before too long.
Slow that roll a bit...

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Holy smokes.

Brock Purdy

George Kittle

Cy-Hawk game, Ames, IA

How about we just show highlights of Purdy and let the Hoks worry about Kittle. I would be embarrassed if we honored Kittle in Ames.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
I just love to picture Kirk having to deal with him at Iowa. With as much as Kirk hates any player with a personality Kittle had to have driven him nuts.
This is why no one even remembers Kittle at Iowa. I looked up his college stats a couple years ago, very underwhelming.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Hok does a good enough job of patting themselves on the back. We don't need to help them there.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Saw this on Twitter, so I can't confirm its accuracy, but I believe it's true. It speaks to those who feel Brock didn't have such a great game last Sunday:

Brock was under pressure on 48.5% of dropbacks, most of any #49ers QB since 2020. Unlike his counterpart, he didn't turn the ball over once, and when kept clean he was 15-17 for 159 yards.