Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
Tom Davis didn't get to coach against Nebraska and Rutgers and get to have a play in game opportunity.
Curious who this guy would say are uofi's "comps"?

If we look at the bluebloods it seems there's another tier that somewhat consistently makes the tournament, top half~ of power conferences: Pitt, Notre Dame, Florida, Virginia Tech, LSU?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Guys give him time. He’s still digging out of the Lickliter hole!

Fran had 3 straight years with two different NPOY candidates and was uncompetitive vs a decent Oregon team and was out played by an average Richmond team.

They’re now comparing Fran to Tom Davis and saying Fran is better.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Fran took over THIRTEEN YEARS AGO and they're still talking about him inheriting a bare cupboard. It took less time to rebuild eastern Europe after WWII.
We had fans arguing about Prohm’s bare cupboard after he was here for 3 years lol.

And for those who are keeping count, if TJ would make another sweet 16 and Iowa doesn’t make the tournament or loses in the first round, TJ would be tied for NCAA tournament wins with Fran.. after two years.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
Fran had 3 straight years with two different NPOY candidates and was uncompetitive vs a decent Oregon team and was out played by an average Richmond team.

They’re now comparing Fran to Tom Davis and saying Fran is better.
one reply does seem to see the light. I don't think the fans would like to acknowledge who their conference "comps" are, but to me this is accurate.

And while ISU may have a bit less success than some in the top tier of BIG or Big 12, ISU is a lot closer to cracking through than uofi is

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
one reply does seem to see the light. I don't think the fans would like to acknowledge who their conference "comps" are, but to me this is accurate.

And while ISU may have a bit less success than some in the top tier of BIG or Big 12, ISU is a lot closer to cracking through than uofi is

If we’re going by the last 20 years, ISU has been more successful in the tournament than Illinois, Indiana and Maryland.

With that being said, if the parameters were set at 25 years, all three would leap frog because each played in a title game in that stretch.

Reactions: davegilbertson

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
And how tone deaf to keep doing that when you need only look across the state to see a program in even worse shape just get turned around in ONE YEAR.

A favorite is ripping on the transfer thing like it means poor coaching when it's quite a job to plug in a guy for a year and have them be effective.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
A favorite is ripping on the transfer thing like it means poor coaching when it's quite a job to plug in a guy for a year and have them be effective.
Cmon we all know last year TJ should’ve brought 13 guys fresh out of high school like every other coach does when they take over a new team

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
This would be perfect timing for Fran to make his exit. That roster next year is not impressive, and he has no track record of finding impact transfers. Garza and the Murrays have been keeping that program from sinking to the bottom of the league here recently. I don't think Perkins or Sandfort can carry the torch.

Didn’t Iowa get some freshman that was supposed to be playing big minutes for them? But he isn’t.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I so LOVE that the Hok fans think Fran is the man... nobody else in college basketball would want him. Barta keeps extending his contract, too. This is truly a gift that keeps on giving.