NFL: 2022 Fantasy Football Discussion

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
So in your leagues who were some of the players that were on the championship teams?

Winner in my league had Ekeler, Tyreke Hill, Kelce, and Jacobs. The two top running backs, top tight end, and a Top 5 receiver. The rest of us never stood much of a chance.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
So in your leagues who were some of the players that were on the championship teams?

Winner in my league had Ekeler, Tyreke Hill, Kelce, and Jacobs. The two top running backs, top tight end, and a Top 5 receiver. The rest of us never stood much of a chance.
I was in a 8-team PPR league so most teams were stacked, but I had CMC (2), Jacobs (3), and Mixon (10) for RBs. I had Hill (3) at WR, but it was mostly a rotating cast of WRs and TEs after that. QBs were Herbert and Cousins, both middle of the road guys.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I was in a 8-team PPR league so most teams were stacked, but I had CMC (2), Jacobs (3), and Mixon (10) for RBs. I had Hill (3) at WR, but it was mostly a rotating cast of WRs and TEs after that. QBs were Herbert and Cousins, both middle of the road guys.
I think having strong running backs was really the key this year. The runner up had Henry and Barkely also, so the two best teams had 5 of the top 7 or 8 running backs.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I won my league (12 team PPR) with D. Jones at QB, Jefferson and Godwin as WR, Waller came back and was a good TE for the playoffs (had him on IR all year), RBs and Flex (3 spots) were between Montgomery, Fournette, Miles Sanders and Kenneth Walker. Outside of Jefferson no really top guys but all solid. I had a few games where I scored a ton but mostly was just consistent in my scores. Drafted Walker towards the end of the draft and that ended up really helping.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Using week 18 numbers for the Bills and Bengals is terrible. Sorry for anyone who lost as a result . Leagues that don't suck end at week 17 for a reason.

• Agree
Reactions: mapnerd

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

Co-champs had rosters like this:

Dak, J. Jefferson, Godwin, Barkley, Jacobs, Waller, McKinnon
Allen, Lamb, Jeudy, D Cook, D Montgomery, Goedert, Dionte Johnson

I was the regular season champ then got upset first round by the 8th place team that was the top scoring league team in the league this year and I was a close 2nd.

My Roster: Hurts, G Wilson, McLaurin, Ekeler, Pollard, Andrews, Lazard. Also had Swift and CPatt at RB and was streaming a lot of different WR some weeks. My lack of a consistent top tier WR I think is what did me in. If Andrews and Swift could have stayed healthy and productive like they started the season I think I could have overcome my WR situation.
8th place team that beat me: Burrow, T Hill, Metcalf, CMC, Stevenson, Everertt, Etienne, Hopkins. He was pretty loaded but also had the most points scored against him on the season too.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Using week 18 numbers for the Bills and Bengals is terrible. Sorry for anyone who lost as a result . Leagues that don't suck end at week 17 for a reason.
Yeah I would've won anyway but glad we didn't. Sucks for anyone playing the Bills D/ST. Of all the options I've seen using week 18 scores for Bill and Bengals players seemed like the weirdest solution

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
My winning roster was Burrow, Monty, Najee, Walker, Swift, DOnta, AJBrown, McLaurin and Andrews.
Obviously, you don't have to have world beaters, but a little timley luck helps!

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
8th place team that beat me: Burrow, T Hill, Metcalf, CMC, Stevenson, Everertt, Etienne, Hopkins. He was pretty loaded but also had the most points scored against him on the season too.
That team was loaded! That's a really bad draw to have to play a team like that in the first round.

I also think guys like Pollard and McKinnon probably won alot of people championships down the stretch.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
My team finished 7-7 but it was probably a miracle because i finished 7th out of 10 in points.

My roster was Lamar, Kamara, Pearce, Jefferson, Metcalf, Sutton, Gabriel Davis, Freirmuth, Jacobi Meyers, Pickens, Dotson, Schultz on my bench. Lost Javante Williams early in the year.

My team basically sucked except Jefferson, I'm sure I would have been dead last without him. He was only one I could count on for consistent production all year. DK was pretty consistent in the 10-14 point range but didn't seem to have the TD upside this year.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
That team was loaded! That's a really bad draw to have to play a team like that in the first round.

I also think guys like Pollard and McKinnon probably won alot of people championships down the stretch.

Yeah and it was my brother too to boot. I beat him both times in the regular season including the week before the playoffs but I don't think it would have mattered had he beat me the last week we would have likely faced each other as 2/7 seeds. I beat him 139.76 to 110.18 week 5 and 133.58 to 131.76 week 14 then he beat me 142.90 to 131.30 in the playoffs. My problem was trying to find a consistent 3rd and 4th big scoring options as Hurts and Ekler carried me most weeks but my WR and Flex spots usually were hit or miss. Pollard definitely was a beast for me down the stretch especially the weeks Zeke was hurt or limited. Just wish Andrews and Swift could have stayed healthy as both were non-factors down the stretch after starting the season hot.

This is a keeper league and Swift was my hold over last year so I have options next season based on where my pick lands in the 1st round. Probably keep Ekler if it is not on the top 3 or 5 otherwise Pollard is a tempting value pick depending on what happens with him this offseason as he's a free agent and could be the lead dude somewhere if Dallas can't retain him. Heck even if Dallas can keep him he should be the lead dude over Zeke but as long as Jones is calling the shots they'll keep feeding Zeke the ball until he's hurt or terribly unproductive to the point you can't hold Pollard back anymore.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Yeah and it was my brother too to boot. I beat him both times in the regular season including the week before the playoffs but I don't think it would have mattered had he beat me the last week we would have likely faced each other as 2/7 seeds. I beat him 139.76 to 110.18 week 5 and 133.58 to 131.76 week 14 then he beat me 142.90 to 131.30 in the playoffs. My problem was trying to find a consistent 3rd and 4th big scoring options as Hurts and Ekler carried me most weeks but my WR and Flex spots usually were hit or miss. Pollard definitely was a beast for me down the stretch especially the weeks Zeke was hurt or limited. Just wish Andrews and Swift could have stayed healthy as both were non-factors down the stretch after starting the season hot.

This is a keeper league and Swift was my hold over last year so I have options next season based on where my pick lands in the 1st round. Probably keep Ekler if it is not on the top 3 or 5 otherwise Pollard is a tempting value pick depending on what happens with him this offseason as he's a free agent and could be the lead dude somewhere if Dallas can't retain him. Heck even if Dallas can keep him he should be the lead dude over Zeke but as long as Jones is calling the shots they'll keep feeding Zeke the ball until he's hurt or terribly unproductive to the point you can't hold Pollard back anymore.
I had those two underperformers as well. I only got to the final because I picked up Taysom and started him over Andrews. I can only keep 3 and 1 per, so Andrews probably stays next year but Swift is gonzo!

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I had those two underperformers as well. I only got to the final because I picked up Taysom and started him over Andrews. I can only keep 3 and 1 per, so Andrews probably stays next year but Swift is gonzo!
Would either of you keep Kamara or Pearce from Houston?

Ours is a keeper league also and I've had him since 2017. He won me a couple championships but I think it might be time to move on. Pearce started off good but kind of hit a wall halfway through the year and his TD upside is really capped in that offense.

I get a high draft spot also so thinking about just releasing everhone but Jefferson and rebuilding from there.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Would either of you keep Kamara or Pearce from Houston?

Ours is a keeper league also and I've had him since 2017. He won me a couple championships but I think it might be time to move on. Pearce started off good but kind of hit a wall halfway through the year and his TD upside is really capped in that offense.

I get a high draft spot also so thinking about just releasing everhone but Jefferson and rebuilding from there.
I would assume Pearce didn't cost you much so depending on the price for your keepers, he will likely be better than what else you could find. In my league its the same round you drafted in. Some risk though with another new regime coming. No way I'd keep Kamara, especially since he probably cost a 3 or a 2.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I would assume Pearce didn't cost you much so depending on the price for your keepers, he will likely be better than what else you could find. In my league its the same round you drafted in. Some risk though with another new regime coming. No way I'd keep Kamara, especially since he probably cost a 3 or a 2.
Our league is just straight keepers so it won't cost me anything. I'll probably just wait until next year and see where Pearce is going in mocks. I can problby redraft him after the 3rd.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Our league is just straight keepers so it won't cost me anything. I'll probably just wait until next year and see where Pearce is going in mocks. I can problby redraft him after the 3rd.
How does that work? Keepers come from the end of your draft? You only have so many spaces so you have to draft less for each you keep.
This is my first such league so Im pretty much noob.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
You only have so many spaces so you have to draft less for each you keep.
This is correct. Basically we can keep 0-3 players each year. If we decide to keep zero then we get picks in the first 3 rounds or if we keep zero then we don't get a pick until the 4th round.

The first 3 rounds are basically supplemental picks based on how many keepers you have. The draft then starts for everyone in Round 4.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
This is correct. Basically we can keep 0-3 players each year. If we decide to keep zero then we get picks in the first 3 rounds or if we keep zero then we don't get a pick until the 4th round.

The first 3 rounds are basically supplemental picks based on how many keepers you have. The draft then starts for everyone in Round 4.
An old keeper league I was in had the keepers move up 2 rounds from the round they were drafted in the year before. Any keeper drafted later than the 7th round automatically became your 5th round pick the next year. It allowed you to keep a guy for only 4 years max that way.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
After seeing the idea on twitter, my one league did a full sim of Bills/Bengals on Madden 23 while I live streamed it and counted the stats from that game. I brought up the idea and both guys in the championship were all in. The guy that won didn't have any Bengals or Bills and was up by like 70ish points. The runner up had Burrow, Chase, McPherson, and Singletary. In the end it didn't really matter how we did it cause the guy who won would've won anyway

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az

Interesting. Less incentive to find late round guys. I'll likely keep Walker or Allegier as they will cost little.