Support other ISU teams!!!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
Everybody knows that ISU is down this year at its two biggest money makers (Football, Men's B-ball) but the past two years I have gone to alot of volleyball games, wrestling meets, women's games and the fact that we have a 50-79 record the past 3 years in football and basketball combined, makes me appreciate those sports much more. Show some support for the programs that have come along ways (women's b-ball and volleyball) during their respective seasons. Trust me it takes the sting out of losing so much

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
they are not on TV and there is a reason the other two are the money makers - they are exciting to watch (or should be exciting to watch, haven't been too exciting lately).

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
they are not on TV and there is a reason the other two are the money makers - they are exciting to watch (or should be exciting to watch, haven't been too exciting lately).

Womens BBall is on TV, i just watched Saturday night and there are other games that have been/will be on TV...plus I find the outside shooting of the womens team to be exciting.

LutherClone

Dec 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

You obviously haven't watched very much volleyball in your lifetime, because it is an EXCELLENT game to watch.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
I could see your point there but the women's team plays the game so much more fundamentally sound than the men that it is kind of funny. I honestly think that the women's team could out-rebound the men's team because of the emphasis put on boxing out. Wrestling is always solid in Iowa and I think this years team is awesome. I personally don't enjoy wrestling all that much but it is a cheap form of entertainment.

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
I agree that it is soooo much more enjoyable than MBB (I'll always enjoy FB more than any other, no matter what).

The crowds at the WBB games and wrestling have been electric. You will feel awesome about being a Cyclone after going to those games. Hard working teams that don't quit (and win!).

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
You obviously haven't watched very much volleyball in your lifetime, because it is an EXCELLENT game to watch.

I'm pretty sure there is a volleyball in this picture ... I just haven't found it yet! :jimlad:

p1_volleyball2.jpg

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Everybody knows that ISU is down this year at its two biggest money makers (Football, Men's B-ball) but the past two years I have gone to alot of volleyball games, wrestling meets, women's games and the fact that we have a 50-79 record the past 3 years in football and basketball combined, makes me appreciate those sports much more. Show some support for the programs that have come along ways (women's b-ball and volleyball) during their respective seasons. Trust me it takes the sting out of losing so much

I agree 100%. The last few years the women's team has clearly been the better program but doesn't near the support that mbb does especially from the student body.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008

Anybody else think maybe the athletic dept. released this announcement and another feel good story today:
First NCAA Tournament Propels WBB Turnaround - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - Iowa State Cyclones Sports
to get fans' minds off last nights memorable performance?

Nothing wrong with trying I guess.

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
If you can not get excited at a wrestling meet, then you must not have a pulse. When Big Z knocked off the No.1 Undefeated guy on Sunday, that place went nuts!