NBA: ***2022-2023 NBA season, post season, and offseason***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Hubie Brown on the color call for this Mavs Lakers game.
Had there ever been a sharper 89 yr old announcer?

One of the great announcers regardless of sport. He was the voice of my youth and when you watch a game he calls you knew more about the game than you did before it.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I know I should be more into the NBA with how well our former players are doing especially Tyrese but man I just don't watch or find myself caring about the NBA these days. I used to have NBA blood injected into my veins back in the day.

I know there are a ton of great young stars too. It's weird how little I care about the overall product these days.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I know I should be more into the NBA with how well our former players are doing especially Tyrese but man I just don't watch or find myself caring about the NBA these days. I used to have NBA blood injected into my veins back in the day.

I know there are a ton of great young stars too. It's weird how little I care about the overall product these days.

It's the opposite for me, used to tune in just for the Finals but with some Cyclones playing and this thread I find my interest increasing. I'm glad these guys are getting to make some huge money for the game they love, hopefully some of them will give back to the MBB program and or the University. I know Niang does a great job staying connected to the Ames area I hope the other ones do also.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Love watching the current level of play in the NBA, the shotmaking is amazing.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Doncic first player in NBA history to have a 60-20-10 game.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

The NBA would benefit greatly from a shorter regular season. It would make the players care more and we'd get better competition night in and night out. It's hard to tell if and when the star players are going to play or when they're going to take a night off currently. I swear a lot of the time guys just don't feel like playing, so don't until it really matters. That's when guys like Luka Garza, Matt Thomas, Deonte Burton, and Abdel Nader get their moments to shine, so take the good with the bad I suppose. I don't think it's great for the overall product, even if it does give more guys some opportunities. You shorten the regular season to like 60-65 games I think you'd have more high level performance and entertainment value.

• Agree
Reactions: clonechemist

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The NBA would benefit greatly from a shorter regular season. It would make the players care more and we'd get better competition night in and night out. It's hard to tell if and when the star players are going to play or when they're going to take a night off currently. I swear a lot of the time guys just don't feel like playing, so don't until it really matters. That's when guys like Luka Garza, Matt Thomas, Deonte Burton, and Abdel Nader get their moments to shine, so take the good with the bad I suppose. I don't think it's great for the overall product, even if it does give more guys some opportunities. You shorten the regular season to like 60-65 games I think you'd have more high level performance and entertainment value.

I think the move will be to split season with playoffs for each half probably coming in under a 100 games for all.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
When Zion plays, tough to guard. Scored last 14 to down Timberwolves the other night.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Really interested in the Pelicans 76ers game tonight.

clonechemist

Apr 3, 2007
Philadelphia

The frequency of games makes it such a grind - playing 2 games a week instead of 3 would help tremendously.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

There has never been a professional sports league to shorten a season. They are all ridiculous Baseball in November, FB in February, Basketball and hockey in June. They are all at least a month too long, but chasing the almighty buck means they will never shorten the season.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Dame with his 4th 60+ point game, Kobe is second all time with 6.
The shot chart...