2022 Iowa High School Football Playoffs

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
What does that tell you about how bad the Perry and Hoover were?
Yeah, dropping a class far from solves the situations. Instead of continuous clock halfway through the second quarter it may be in the fourth. Still trying to help out at least.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
On the topic of private schools, does the 90 school day varsity ineligibility rule apply, or is that just for open enrollment? Or are kids that jump to a private school immediately eligible just like if they move?

They have to wait 90 days at a private as well.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
What happens when a bunch of good/decent athletes open enroll to Hoover so they can play against a class 1A schedule? Next thing you know they have 50-60 kids on their roster and are killing little schools until they get recategorized in a couple of years. Is that fair to the 1A schools?

• Haha
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Yeah, dropping a class far from solves the situations. Instead of continuous clock halfway through the second quarter it may be in the fourth. Still trying to help out at least.

Not sure what you do. If I were an aspiring football player at Perry or Hoover, or Saydel, I would just open enroll to school that cares about football. Big or small.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not sure what you do. If I were an aspiring football player at Perry or Hoover, or Saydel, I would just open enroll to school that cares about football. Big or small.
Its not the ones that can transfer that are the concern, it's the ones that can't and can't even go out since they have to work or help mom and dad or can't even afford whatever equipment they may need. If you want to help your local school, go give the coach a couple hundred dollars for cleats, jerseys - game or practice, or other equipment. Some are concerned their kid could get hurt, although many times it's parents that don't even care and consider it a bother if they have to pick up their kids. There are some very selfish parents out there.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
What happens when a bunch of good/decent athletes open enroll to Hoover so they can play against a class 1A schedule? Next thing you know they have 50-60 kids on their roster and are killing little schools until they get recategorized in a couple of years. Is that fair to the 1A schools?
Nobody is transferring in to Hoover or CR Jefferson or Waterloo East or Davenport Central, etc to play sports. It's just not happening.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

That's assuming they have the means to get to where they open enroll to.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
They have to wait 90 days at a private as well.

Its not the ones that can transfer that are the concern, it's the ones that can't and can't even go out since they have to work or help mom and dad or can't even afford whatever equipment they may need. If you want to help your local school, go give the coach a couple hundred dollars for cleats, jerseys - game or practice, or other equipment. Some are concerned their kid could get hurt, although many times it's parents that don't even care and consider it a bother if they have to pick up their kids. There are some very selfish parents out there.

Go out for soccer I guess. Or cross country.

Reactions: BCClone

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
That's assuming they have the means to get to where they open enroll to.

All this talk of rich and poor..........my wife grew up and went to a school in the inner city.....and it was just as poor back then. And yet they fielded some pretty salty teams. May not have won any state titles in 4A but you can bet they were competitive and that if they played a 2A school......the 2A was going to get their a** kicked down the road. I don't care how many rich brat's attended.

That's not happening now. And I will stick to what my MIL (30 years teaching in the inner city) and my wife state's. Just because you aren't rich...... means you are broke. They had pride in who they are.....where they went and what they did. Go to a metro school today and see if you see any of that. And that s*** is free.

Last edited:

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
For open enrolling it's 90 school days you can't play varsity, so a semester basically.

Yes. We have had kids transfer in that had to wait a year to play football, and BB players miss games in November and December.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
All this talk of rich and poor..........my wife grew up and went to a school in the inner city.....and it was just as poor back then. And yet they fielded some pretty salty teams. May not have won any state titles in 4A but you can bet they were competitive and that if they played a 2A school......the 2A was going to get their a** kicked down the road. I don't care how many rich brat's attended.

That's not happening now. And I will stick to what my MIL (30 years teaching in the inner city) and my wife state's. Just because you aren't rich...... means you are broke. They had pride in who they are.....where they went and what they did. Go to a metro school today and see if you see any of that. And that s*** is free.
Some of the changes in the DMPS in some of the programs are pretty shocking. For example, I think about 10 years ago East won a girls state title, and they are losing by like 60-80 every game the last couple of years. North boys bball was pretty solid a few years ago and now is really struggling.

• Agree
Reactions: CYEATHAWK

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Some of the changes in the DMPS in some of the programs are pretty shocking. For example, I think about 10 years ago East won a girls state title, and they are losing by like 60-80 every game the last couple of years. North boys bball was pretty solid a few years ago and now is really struggling.

This year in girl's basketball....

Urbandale-84 East-0

• Wow
Reactions: NWICY

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Kids are not leaving schools that are winning to schools that are horrible, even if they are not playing a lot at the winning school.
It will be interesting to see how much of an affect this has and can some of these schools struggling to get kids out, slide down a class and win a few games, and thereby start building up a program.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Kids are not leaving schools that are winning to schools that are horrible, even if they are not playing a lot at the winning school.
It will be interesting to see how much of an affect this has and can some of these schools struggling to get kids out, slide down a class and win a few games, and thereby start building up a program.
Does anyone really believe Hoover, Perry or Saydel moving down a class will give them a few more wins?