Tough time to be a Cyclone fan

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
There is a lot of negative talk around here and well there isnt much to be postive about on the outside. I feel things will start looking up soon. The basketball team is coming into some winnable games and if they can get someone else to step up they will win their share of them. Players are improving on this team, lets hope the pieces can get put together starting now so next year at this time this team is one of the top teams in the conference. On the FB front the Rhoads tenure is rocky at best to this point. NDS in 2 weeks will show how things are going so far.

Most of the teams in the Big 12 have are doing well in one major sport and that may help the lows not be so low in the other sport.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
how in the hell can you say that Rhoads tenure has been "rocky at best"? The guy hasn't even had a chance to do anything yet.

It's always great to be a cyclone fan, regardless of what's going on on the field/court.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I'm a cyclone till I die (actually think it might be the death of me eventually). Wouldnt trade it for anything in the world, even if its not the best.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Most of the teams in the Big 12 have are doing well in one major sport and that may help the lows not be so low in the other sport.

Volleyball, WWB, and Wrestling.

I'm done getting my hopes up until I actually see the on field results. Until then I will continue to assume that ISU will **** themselves whenever possible. Not the most positive outlook but I'm done getting heartbroken/kicked in the balls.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
how in the hell can you say that Rhoads tenure has been "rocky at best"? The guy hasn't even had a chance to do anything yet.

It's always great to be a cyclone fan, regardless of what's going on on the field/court.

Well, he hasn't gotten Kirk Ferentz to resign out of fear, and he hasn't gotten Harrison Barnes to commit to the basketball team out of pure awesomeness yet, so I would say he is a failure.

:jimlad::pfrown::perr::peek::pcute::pcool::pwink::pconfused::ptongue::pbiggrin::pmad::th_jtteglad::th_cool::th_blush::th_woot::th_wink::th_sur::th_sad::th_o::th_love::th_Jttesur:

*** There is an issue with the pirates and ninjas that prevents them all from being displayed properly.

Last edited:

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I am postive about the future, but right now its hard. Every loss seems to bring out more anger from a fan base that is tierd of being at the bottom. I just have a feeling Brackins will stay and help be part of what gets the BB team going. Rhoads has lost commits and is taking awhile to find a DC he wants. I do think he will do great things at ISU. I feel the same for McD but he has to start proving something soon, and I am as big of McD supporter that there is.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I am postive about the future, but right now its hard. Every loss seems to bring out more anger from a fan base that is tierd of being at the bottom. I just have a feeling Brackins will stay and help be part of what gets the BB team going. Rhoads has lost commits and is taking awhile to find a DC he wants. I do think he will do great things at ISU. I feel the same for McD but he has to start proving something soon, and I am as big of McD supporter that there is.
Losing commits is expected during a coaching change. He's lost essentially none of the actual players, though.

And he's gotten more commits than he's lost.

He's focusing on nothing but the recruiting trail right now to ensure that recruiting is as good as it can be expected to be. I don't see that as "rocky".

We are at the bottom in both men's bball and football because we've had essentially no continuity over the last 4-5 years in either major program in terms of either players and coaches (in the case of basketball), or coaching staff (in the case of football). Anyone demanding less continuity is an idiot.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I think we've just been through a series of tough losses in MBB, which has been bringing spirits down. Texas, Nebraska at home, Missouri, and Kansas at home. I don't think anyone expected more than 1 win out of these four games, and yet we're still here acting like the end of the world is nigh.

Next up are games at Colorado, vs. Oklahoma, at Kansas State, vs. Missouri, and vs. Colorado. I see three possible wins, four if the cards fall right, two if we're dealt a bad hand. Schedule doesn't lighten up until the very end of the season with the last five games.

I don't think any win is a gimme, but our guys have shown a lot of spunk considering the odds they've faced. With the exception of the games versus Missouri and South Dakota State, I haven't had a whole lot to complain about. They're a fun group to watch, and I will continue to support them throughout the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingcy

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Is there one game since 2006 that fball or bball teams won that was a huge surprise (not a minor surprise)? That may be what KingCy is hinting at.

No Surprise Cy....

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines

Agreed, if Brackins stays and improves upon this year, he'll be a definite ISU legend. Like I've said before, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he goes pro after this year is out, but from what interviews I have seen of him, he seems like a great guy and, at the most, just wants to win.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Imagine how young our team will be next year?

BTW - How can a guy leave early for the NBA when he gets schooled by Cyrus Tate ?#?@

Face it boys...brackins is leaving after this season to become another millionaire basketball player....

Brackins will be playing in the nba when cyrus tate is panhandling on the street along with pierre pierce and co!!!!!:biglaugh:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Next up are games at Colorado, vs. Oklahoma, at Kansas State, vs. Missouri, and vs. Colorado. I see three possible wins, four if the cards fall right, two if we're dealt a bad hand. Schedule doesn't lighten up until the very end of the season with the last five games.

Really? I see two as best case scenario.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Face it boys...brackins is leaving after this season to become another millionaire basketball player....

Brackins will be playing in the nba when cyrus tate is panhandling on the street along with pierre pierce and co!!!!!:biglaugh:

Not happening until his consistancy improves.