KXNO Sports Fanatics

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
It'd sure be nice if there was a local sports radio show on a sports radio channel that actually talked about sports.

You want a local show actually talking sports ten Miller and Condon is what you want.

Sean is really turning into a Hawk knob polisher though. You can see his erection through the radio when he talks about Murray and Perkins.

• Agree
Reactions: Tri and Acylum

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Sean is really turning into a Hawk knob polisher though. You can see his erection through the radio when he talks about Murray and Perkins.
I’ve heard him, Murphy, Miller, and Fales on multiple occasions refer to Iowa as ‘we’. Never ISU though. Funny how that happens. I don’t mind the other personalities on the station who wear their Hawk fandom on their sleeves and aren’t trying to fool anybody.

cyphoon

Sep 8, 2011
The only local kxno show that focuses entirely on sports is Miller and Condon. You have to stomach some TOE homerism, but it is 2 hours of solid sports.

I used to listen to Murph and Andy, but it kind of devolved into 60% Padilla/Ferentz talk, and 35% non sports talk. With Padilla gone, I wonder how they are fill hour 1 every day.

H

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
The only local kxno show that focuses entirely on sports is Miller and Condon. You have to stomach some TOE homerism, but it is 2 hours of solid sports.

I used to listen to Murph and Andy, but it kind of devolved into 60% Padilla/Ferentz talk, and 35% non sports talk. With Padilla gone, I wonder how they are fill hour 1 every day.

H
Frank and Luka....

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I tuned into the morning show today figuring I'd give them another try to see if they were actually talking about sports. No joke, when I switched over, the very first thing I heard was Travis asking Ross and their producer "when did you see your first boob?" Immediately shut it down.

There are plenty of sports topics to keep these shows busy but the morning show is still mostly just sophomoric humor, and the afternoon show seems to just be a discombobulated mess of topics and has no flow.

Their 6 am hour is almost exclusively non sports anymore.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
KXNO in general is garbage. Not only is it garbage, it is double garbage that took over one of the few good FM stations in central Iowa.

Wish I still had the Woody Show on 106.3 in the morning and the music mix they offered in the afternoons. There are so few decent FM stations here in DSM.

Reactions: Remo Gaggi

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
KXNO in general is garbage. Not only is it garbage, it is double garbage that took over one of the few good FM stations in central Iowa.

Wish I still had the Woody Show on 106.3 in the morning and the music mix they offered in the afternoons. There are so few decent FM stations here in DSM.
I still podcast the Woody Show pretty regularly. It's on the iHeart app. I do miss the music mix on 106.3 also but overall I'm glad they switched KXNO to it. I'm sure they could **** can one of the many hip hop mix stations out there and replace it with the old 106.3 playlist if they wanted to.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I think it was Monday this week when they did their Throwdowns bit that asked how do the Hawks come out of their 3 game stretch vs Duke, ISU, and Wisconsin and Murphy’s response was “Well hopefully 3-0.” Lol. I don’t think they even try to hide it anymore.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I think that The Drive with Heather and Sean is the best show ever. Some may think my views are biased because I won Hoops and Hops tickets from them. They may be right.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I think it was Monday this week when they did their Throwdowns bit that asked how do the Hawks come out of their 3 game stretch vs Duke, ISU, and Wisconsin and Murphy’s response was “Well hopefully 3-0.” Lol. I don’t think they even try to hide it anymore.
They are pretty obvious about it but some try to ignore it for some weird reason.