Pro scout at Kansas game

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
CB is probably going to hang it up this year, and I would not blame him.

kurimski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I think Craig would be crazy to go pro this year. Yeah he had a good game shooting from outside yesterday, but lets be honest, that doesn't happen too often. I think he projects as a PF in the NBA and he's not big enough for that I don't believe. He needs to pack on about 20lbs or so before he's ready otherwise he'll be thrown around like a rag doll. He'd end up being one of those guys that go to waste at the end of the bench and after 4 or 5 years you never hear of him again. If he comes back for his JR year he can improve his game and end up being a lottery pick.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
I think Craig would be crazy to go pro this year. Yeah he had a good game shooting from outside yesterday, but lets be honest, that doesn't happen too often. I think he projects as a PF in the NBA and he's not big enough for that I don't believe. He needs to pack on about 20lbs or so before he's ready otherwise he'll be thrown around like a rag doll. He'd end up being one of those guys that go to waste at the end of the bench and after 4 or 5 years you never hear of him again. If he comes back for his JR year he can improve his game and end up being a lottery pick.

If CB has physical limitations that limit his projections as a PF in the NBA, another year in Ames doesn't change anything in that regard. If he needs to gain weight, he can do that anywhere he is living. I believe that he is close to maxing out his game in college. Coming in to this season the big question was his rebounding production. He has passed that hurdle. What more does he need to prove?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Funny. It seems to me that there's an NBA scout at most games. His name's Fred Hoiberg.

He has passed that hurdle. What more does he need to prove?
Consistency? The ability to battle with the top PF's? That he can put a team on his shoulders, and carry them to Wins? Titles?

I know I'm reaching, but I can dream, can't I? :biggrin:

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
How thin is Chris Bosh? Jermaine O'neal? Those are some pretty good PF's that are very thin.

It is a myth to think you have to be strong to be a good PF in the NBA.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
Given this discussion . . I need to vent:

1) Student athletes need to attend college until they graduate (or flunk out of school).

2) Athletes . . like Brackins, et al . . need to be developed in a NBA farm club. And stay out of college IF they have no intention of getting a degree. Let the Professional sports PAY for player development. Players who leave early should be FORCED by contract to pay the scholarship money back. Just like ROTC scholarship students.

3) In today's currency, the ISU's of the world will never be able to build/sustain a program. Too many players jumping ship for a quicker entry into the NBA.

4) It is time to admit that collegiate NCAA basketball in dying a thousand cuts from the NBA. And some of you wonder why attendance is dropping.

5) College sports is fast becoming unaffordable, uninteresting (same teams dominate), and prone to ship jumpers (coaches and players).

6) The NCAA is corrupt to the core for allowing 5) to occur . . . ISU is a great example of all this.

7) NCAA = $$$$$$$$ and favoritism.

I am sick of this crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: resident

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Given this discussion . . I need to vent:

1) Student athletes need to attend college until they graduate (or flunk out of school).

2) Athletes . . like Brackins, et al . . need to be developed in a NBA farm club. And stay out of college.

3) In today's currency, the ISU's of the world will never be able to build/sustain a program. Too many players jumping ship for a quicker entry into the NBA.

1 & 2. Huh?? What are you talking about?

3. You are right. Teams like ISU will never be able to sustain a program.

Signed,

Wisconsin

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I just hope someone doesn't feed Craig a line like a lot of scouts and agents do and he makes a big mistake by leaving then getting drafted in the 2nd round. Many players get told big things every year then wind up getting drafted much lower or not at all and by that time it's too late. Craig has had some big games but let's not get too carried away yet. He has a lot of work to do before I can envision him being a 1st rounder this year. Going up against Griffin who will likely be a top 5 pick will tell a lot next weekend I think.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
If CB has physical limitations that limit his projections as a PF in the NBA, another year in Ames doesn't change anything in that regard. If he needs to gain weight, he can do that anywhere he is living. I believe that he is close to maxing out his game in college. Coming in to this season the big question was his rebounding production. He has passed that hurdle. What more does he need to prove?

He hasn't passed ANYTHING other than have a few outstanding games. We're entering the meat of the schedule against "real" competition so lets see if he can uncork it consistently. He's had too many games this year against lesser competition where he didn't seem to make an impact.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny

1. Consistantcy. Fizer scored 29+ points in 6 strait games to close out the season.
2. An actual post move. His fade away will not cut it in the NBA.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
I just hope someone doesn't feed Craig a line like a lot of scouts and agents do and he makes a big mistake by leaving then getting drafted in the 2nd round. Many players get told big things every year then wind up getting drafted much lower or not at all and by that time it's too late. Craig has had some big games but let's not get too carried away yet. He has a lot of work to do before I can envision him being a 1st rounder this year. Going up against Griffin who will likely be a top 5 pick will tell a lot next weekend I think.

Griffin will be the first pick, but your point is the point I have said to everyone... let's see what Craig can do against the Griffin twins before we say he's gone.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
He hasn't passed ANYTHING other than have a few outstanding games. We're entering the meat of the schedule against "real" competition so lets see if he can uncork it consistently. He's had too many games this year against lesser competition where he didn't seem to make an impact.

EXACTLY! See my post here about that: http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum...eople-need-prepare-post860000.html#post860000

I don't recall Cyrus Tate being a NBA prospect nor a lot of those teams having anyone of note and Craig posted some pretty lackluster performances against them. I'm not saying he has to put up that stats like he did yesterday to prove it but he can't follow up games like that with 4 for 12 shooting days against some nobody defender like he has several times.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
1. Consistantcy. Fizer scored 29+ points in 6 strait games to close out the season.
2. An actual post move. His fade away will not cut it in the NBA.

Bingo. His current turn around and shoot over the top of the guy won't work in the NBA. He needs to develop his moves a bit more. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't come back for one more year... He can only get better and improve that signing bonus.