*** Official IOWA STATE vs #4 TCU Game(Day) Thread ***

Taz4President

Oct 3, 2013
Austin TX
No…

The point is if fans look at perhaps the best four year period in ISU football history and then think it’s just plug and play (in other words we’ll take the next 22 guys and have the same or better results), what would that mean for Purdy, Hall, Kolar, etc?
I think most Iowa State fans are reasonable in their expectations and just want to see sustained progress and program building. In year 7, going 1-8 in conference play and getting trounced in the final game is the opposite of sustaining progress and building a program.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Our special teams efficiency was ranked 101 last year and 116 this year, if this doesn't cause someone to make a change then I honestly don't know what will.
Absolutely agree. Where did you find those rankings? Someone posted a couple of weeks back how our ST rankings have gotten worse each year since Campbell arrived.

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
No…

The point is if fans look at perhaps the best four year period in ISU football history and then think it’s just plug and play (in other words we’ll take the next 22 guys and have the same or better results), what would that mean for Purdy, Hall, Kolar, etc?
That’s right! Just because someone won a Fiesta Bowl is no reason to ever expect or desire that kind of performance again. Be content with 7 wins, well whenever it occurs again.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
That’s right! Just because someone won a Fiesta Bowl is no reason to ever expect or desire that kind of performance again. Be content with 7 wins, well whenever it occurs again.
The Fiesta Bowl in the Covid year against the 4-3 Oregon team. I can't believe people still think that was a normal season. It's the equivalent of making the NFL playoffs in a strike year. If we would have played Iowa that year we wouldn't have even went to that bowl. The ceiling at ISU is 8 wins.

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
The Fiesta Bowl in the Covid year against the 4-3 Oregon team. I can't believe people still think that was a normal season. It's the equivalent of making the NFL playoffs in a strike year. If we would have played Iowa that year we wouldn't have even went to that bowl. The ceiling at ISU is 8 wins.
I think everyone forgot the Louisiana game to open the 2020 season. We were blown away in the second half 21-0 for a final of 31-14 at home.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
No…it means you shouldn’t expect that every year, and that you shouldn’t expect every year to be as good or better than the last. It seems some of you would have expected nothing worse than a CFP appearance every year after going to the Fiesta Bowl once.

• Winner
Reactions: Jkclone15

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron