*** Official IOWA STATE vs #20 UCONN Game(Day) Thread ***

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
We got beat yes, but "men against boys" is a bit extreme, don't you think?
Amazing how much more of a 'man' you are when you are hitting shots! It wasn't our night.

We will look bad in a few games because of our shooting. I'd like to think we will win our fair share with our defense and an occassional above average offense.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
On that note, I want no part of Purdue. 7'4"
Why hasn't Purdue 7'4" gone pro off of potential alone? He should be gone already. AND why not this UConn kid? Like right now, mid season? Why stick around on this college team when you can be making big $s in the G League and getting potential 2 way contracts? I, for one, hope that these young men immediately take advantage of the wonderful choice to leave school ASAP to get theirs in the league.

Reactions: CyBobby

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Why hasn't Purdue 7'4" gone pro off of potential alone? He should be gone already. AND why not this UConn kid? Like right now, mid season? Why stick around on this college team when you can be making big $s in the G League and getting potential 2 way contracts? I, for one, hope that these young men immediately take advantage of the wonderful choice to leave school ASAP to get theirs in the league.
If you are a 2nd round pick or go to D league you can make more money with NIL. The post guy at Kentucky makes several million from NIL

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Self never shuts his mouth on the sidelines, it is a continuous stream of beating down the officials and reminding them who he is and who he coaches. Whether is it is warranted or not.

I don't give a crap about his coaching skills. Whether he is a good coach or not doesn't sway my opinion of whether he is an *******. That comes completely from him being an *******.
But what kind of an ******* is he?

We must all use our imaginations now! :)

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
No shame in that one. Small margin for error against that length and talent. That’s where we hope to be in a few years.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
I’m a bit concerned about everyone going against a Big 12 defense. What we saw today from UCONN will be what pretty much every Big 12 game may look like. Lipsey looked comfortable in the moment though.
What big12 defense looks like that? What I've seen from the rest of the conference so far we'll be fine. Kansas doesn't look all that hot. Baylor isn't impressing me either. Texas looks to be tough, but after that I think we have as good a shot as anybody

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I want to see Clingan and that guy from Purdue wrestle.

Ideally with one wearing a Godzilla costume and the other a King Kong one.

9ffYp6k.gif

Reactions: t-noah and madguy30

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
The offense looked really bad but they also look look legit and their defense is good. On defense ISU fouled way too much and couldn’t get defensive rebounds. Just a bad game overall. Lots of room to grow. I’m interested to see what King brings when he starts playing. Hopefully some offense.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Self never shuts his mouth on the sidelines, it is a continuous stream of beating down the officials and reminding them who he is and who he coaches. Whether is it is warranted or not.

I don't give a crap about his coaching skills. Whether he is a good coach or not doesn't sway my opinion of whether he is an *******. That comes completely from him being an *******.
Bill Self is just another excrement from the state of Oklahoma!!

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
NBA,to its detriment in my opinion,has become a 3-point and big men up high league. Those two guys aren’t that great at what many teams run now. Even Rudy Gobert is having trouble with the Wolves.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Because the Purdue kid isn’t a pro. Too slow.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
That may wind up being the best team we play all year. No shame in losing that one. We got two solid wins out of this tournament and a good learning experience in the final. A tightly officiated game and poor jump shooting is not a recipe for success for us.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Which ones? Learned a lot about this team from this tournament. They will be good again, if not better in big twelve play. Uconn will have no problem matching up with most teams. Lots of missed rebounds, lay ups ect. Great coaching opportunities. Very excited for Lipsey. Looked smooth going to the rim against elite talent. We for sure haven't seen that in a while.

I can’t agree enough. We have things that have been exposed but those things are correctable. TJ has their attention again, which I doubt he ever lost it.

UConn punched them in the mouth right away. TJ will emphasize that we are the ones that need to do the punching

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
I'll be suprised if Uconn doesn't end up a 2 seed at worst come March. I'll have them vs Creighton highlighted to watch. They have ISU's tenacity on defense and unity and unselfishness on offense, but add in way more shooting talent and a Californian Redwood at center.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
That may wind up being the best team we play all year. No shame in losing that one. We got two solid wins out of this tournament and a good learning experience in the final. A tightly officiated game and poor jump shooting is not a recipe for success for us.
I am not too disappointed, except for our rebounding. Guys played really hard - as usual. Be honest - we do not best NC without Grill going ballistic.
We will struggle shooting the ball. Just like last year, we need somebody to have a very good or great game to beat quality opponents. Last year we had Brockington.
Gabe did not have a good night.
Holmes is tough - likely our top scorer this year. But, who else can rise up consistently?
Not sure about the answer to that question.
Love the team, love TJ. We play so hard - we are tough.
BTW - extremely impressed with UConn. Extremely. Looks to me like they got everything. Only way I want to see them again is in the final four.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I had to get up at 430 this morning so skipped the game. Sounds like UConn was just on a different level last night. Oh well, 2-1 with wins against Nova and UNC is something we all would have signed up for.

Side note, I saw Sparty only beat Portland by 1. So glad we avoided them.