Luke Fickell to Wisconsin

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Yes…his name is Alex Golesh
That would be wildly interesting.

But - I don't think we see it happen b/c I feel Cincy is just parallel to ISU, it is not a meaningfully worse or better job. Campbell is leaving for a much better job I feel if he hops.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
That would be wildly interesting.

But - I don't think we see it happen b/c I feel Cincy is just parallel to ISU, it is not a meaningfully worse or better job. Campbell is leaving for a much better job I feel if he hops.
Not hearing Matt's name mentioned much lately with openings.

Maybe the market has figured out what I have.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
CMC to Cincy…JFC you people have sunk to a new low.
Curious, why?

Does Matt seem excited to be at ISU?

Were you happy with his in-season coaching and adjustments?

What can you point to that would give hope for an improvement in the number of victories next year?

Do you like false starts, missed field goals, poor special teams, and almost complete risk aversion?

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Not hearing Matt's name mentioned much lately with openings.

Maybe the market has figured out what I have.
Probably becuase very few high level openings are available this year. Nebraska always wanted Rhule, Wisconsin grabbed fickel. Next best opening is what Auburn? No one in their right mind would take that job.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I get that frustration. Trust me if I didn’t have Michigan to cheer for I would be losing my mind as sparty had a very similar year in many ways. However those 2nd and 1 plays work previous years because you have starting NFL talent at RB. Yeah a lot of close games were lost but those games being close all season shows how close you are to a much better record and more importantly that the team didn’t quit (TCU game maybe).
Well, I suppose he should have realized by Week 11 that he didn't have Breece Hall in the backfield any longer for those three 1 yard line plunge failures. / sarcasm. Either way, the issue is not about W-L expectations by the fans.

ISU had players (NFL Bound All-Big Xii and All-American players) that were capable of more than 7-6 in 2021 and 4-8 in 2022. I like Coach Campbell, and I do NOT want him to leave. He has built a very nice foundation and has the tools to succeed in Ames. However, he needs to reassess how he does some things as all coaches have to do from time to time.

As for the fans, I will never buy that ISU fans should only expect "so much". ISU is capable of winning 10 games in a season, winning a Big Xii Championship and playing in and winning NY6 Bowl Games. Not every year, but the past two years have been unerperforming years based on the talent.

As tough as this year (4-8) was and that final thump (14-62) was, hopefully, it will lead to some constructive changes from a very good Head Coach. Hopefully, he gets it figured out.

Last edited:

engineer_doug

Sep 12, 2016
Probably becuase very few high level openings are available this year. Nebraska always wanted Rhule, Wisconsin grabbed fickel. Next best opening is what Auburn? No one in their right mind would take that job.
On a side note, do you think a pilot light was just lit under Ryan Day's seat?

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I think you may struggle to figure out your own name at times. You now have convinced me that we do have a mental illness crisis in this state.
Ah yes, more ad hominem from the CampbellStans.

Can't admit that Matty MAC is who he is, and absent an NFL running back showing up, we're hoping for a 4-8 next year.

Quick, who is a deep threat that can pull the safeties away from the line of scrimmage?

Who can beat one on one man coverage in the red zone consistently?

Who is going to want to run behind this line, or play wide receiver in this offense?

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
An inferno. Dude has one maybe two years left.
That's absolutely insane.

His offenses are amazing.

He has a 1st year defensive coordinator.

Sustained 10 win seasons outside of a Saban coached Alabama are exceedingly rare.

Dabo is a bigger disappointment, sticking with a QB that clearly is not top 25 caliber.

• Dumb
Reactions: RonBurgundy

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Ah yes, more ad hominem from the CampbellStans.

Can't admit that Matty MAC is who he is, and absent an NFL running back showing up, we're hoping for a 4-8 next year.

Quick, who is a deep threat that can pull the safeties away from the line of scrimmage?

Who can beat one on one man coverage in the red zone consistently?

Who is going to want to run behind this line, or play wide receiver in this offense?
I guess Montgomery and Hall just showed up in Ames out of the blue one day rather than being recruited by Campbell and his staff, that's lucky.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Getting beaten out on the defensive and offensive boards so far.

cyballrulz93

SuperFanatic
Jan 11, 2010
That's absolutely insane.

His offenses are amazing.

He has a 1st year defensive coordinator.

Sustained 10 win seasons outside of a Saban coached Alabama are exceedingly rare.

Dabo is a bigger disappointment, sticking with a QB that clearly is not top 25 caliber.
You never stop, do you? An answer for everything. Smartest guy on the whole message board.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
This is as close of a comp for ourselves as we’ll play for another month. Fouls are going to be a big problem.