*** Official IOWA STATE vs #1 North Carolina Game(Day) Thread ***

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
Only down 2 after how that all started. I'll take it.
Very fortunate to be in this game given our pathetic performance in the paint in the first half; Kunz, Ward, Jones and OO combined for 2 points in first half. Need to get some inside scoring punch going as well as getting to the FT line in 2nd half.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
There isn’t an amount of money to convince me that Shaq uses an Epson printer

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Stats of the Half

Stat
UNC
ISU
FG%
50%​
40%​
3FG%
20%​
46%​
PtsOffTO
4​
7​
TotReb
18​
15​
PtsPaint
16​
12​
Steals
4​
2​
PF
6​
8​

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I think the refs came into the game wanting to set a tone and not let ISU be too physical and overcompensated early. I mean, ISU had 6 fouls in what... the first 4 minutes? And then 2 the rest of the way? ISU definitely dialed it down a touch, but still really inconsistent officiating all over the place IMO.

Gary_ISU

Apr 12, 2006
Fouls ended up being 8 for Iowa State and 6 for North Carolina. They were 4-5 and we were 2-2 from the free throw line. Iowa State plays aggressive defense and will usually have more fouls. The general lack of basketball knowledge of this fanbase and crying about officiating is ridiculous. Refs don’t screw us every game. We usually do that to ourselves. See Matt Campbell.

Reactions: stateofmind

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I think the refs came into the game wanting to set a tone and not let ISU be too physical and overcompensated early. I mean, ISU had 6 fouls in what... the first 4 minutes? And then 2 the rest of the way? ISU definitely dialed it down a touch, but still really inconsistent officiating all over the place IMO.
We did a much better job defending with feet instead of our hands. And setting our defense so we weren't so out of position.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Bacot has all the dirty moves down. Good at getting away with pushes before the pass.
Agree. I said that earlier as I watched...always a extra shove or bump....maybe we will get a call...or a flob called on us will be our luck

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
We definitely settled in on D. Only 2 fouls in the last 14 minutes. Need to find a way to make Bacot work harder when we’re on offense.

Reactions: CentexCyclone

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Fouls ended up being 8 for Iowa State and 6 for North Carolina. They were 4-5 and we were 2-2 from the free throw line. Iowa State plays aggressive defense and will usually have more fouls. The general lack of basketball knowledge of this fanbase and crying about officiating is ridiculous. Refs don’t screw us every game. We usually do that to ourselves. See Matt Campbell.
can you tell me where the foul was on Kalscheur was the sideline was? They were hand checking and body bumping us like crazy in the first 10 minutes, which I wouldn't mind but they were not letting us do it. Plus when UNC had the ball, they letting them extend their hands and screen off the defender, the extensions and push from that should be an offensive foul.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron