Grand View Dual at Humboldt

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
I don’t think that’s accurate. He’s listed as a senior on the roster. But whether that means this is his last year of eligibility, I do not know.

Looking forward to getting past these extra Covid years. Not gonna lie.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I read somewhere that Kraisser is a redshirt sophomore. Is that correct?
He started at Campbell as a true freshman in 2020, and started at Campbell in 2021 at a true sophomore, Redshirted at Iowa State in 2022, so a Redshirt Junior this year with a covid year available. I believe this is correct

Reactions: OKClones

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
He started at Campbell as a true freshman in 2020, and started at Campbell in 2021 at a true sophomore, Redshirted at Iowa State in 2022, so a Redshirt Junior this year with a covid year available. I believe this is correct
The whole Covid thing was frustrating. You took a senior like Mark Hall that didn’t RS, gets his senior tournament canceled and you tell him tough luck. You take a guy who was redshirting that year like Keegan OToole and he will literally have a chance to win 4 titles. Oh yeah, and he placed third his first NCAA tournament. One guy just gets 3 chances the other gets 5? Ridiculous.

• Winner
Reactions: CyGold

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
The whole Covid thing was frustrating. You took a senior like Mark Hall that didn’t RS, gets his senior tournament canceled and you tell him tough luck. You take a guy who was redshirting that year like Keegan OToole and he will literally have a chance to win 4 titles. Oh yeah, and he placed third his first NCAA tournament. One guy just gets 3 chances the other gets 5? Ridiculous.
Was stupid. I even felt sorry for Pat Lugo at Iowa. Finally looked like he figured it out & taken away

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Was he a NQ one of those camel years?

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
He’s a good heavyweight from GV too, Sam has improved immensely

Sam isn't the largest of heavies, but neither was David Z. In fact I don't think that Z was much larger than 230-235. And he couldn't be over 6 feet. He was just very patient, and avoided bad situations. He also had a tank that he used against less fit opponents. Sam looks significantly bigger that Z ever was, IMHO. If he wrestles smart I think that he can stay with just about anyone. Last year I didn't feel that way, but he looks so much bigger, stronger and more fit.

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
Sam isn't the largest of heavies, but neither was David Z. In fact I don't think that Z was much larger than 230-235. And he couldn't be over 6 feet. He was just very patient, and avoided bad situations. He also had a tank that he used against less fit opponents. Sam looks significantly bigger that Z ever was, IMHO. If he wrestles smart I think that he can stay with just about anyone. Last year I didn't feel that way, but he looks so much bigger, stronger and more fit.
Ben Durbin said they’ve been killing it with the workouts during the off-season. Durbin does incredible work with those guys to transform their bodies. Ian Parker was a great example. I would agree Schuyler looks way better poised this season than last and I credit that to his strength and conditioning. Plus, he’s got that “it’s my last year time to let it fly” swagger and confidence to him.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Sam is around 250’s I was told. Someone smarter than me can find a weigh in sheet on track sometime right? He’s a tank this year