Should Xavier sit out at TCU

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
image-jpg.615656
I smell a ******* idiot who started this thread.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
And that just boggles my mind. What is it that hes lacking that isn’t moving him up higher On the draft projections?
He‘s currently slated as a 7th rounder.

What I’ve seen or heard is the biggest concern is the unknown of his route running. ISU runs a pretty basic tree and most of his catches are on the easiest of those routes. Even if the catch is amazing, the routes get more complex against more dynamic defenses than he’s used to.

The other thing is his speed is just average. While he has good size and hands, his measured speed isn’t great.

It will come down to combine for him. If he can alleviate concerns on routes and his speed improves even a fraction, he could get up to a late 4 or early 5 round in my opinion.

KremitGreens

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2020
It may be his last game of meaningful football. He may get drafted and get some time… but I would imagine Hakeem Butler would of played in the bowl game if he knew what his future held.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Love the dude and he’s been everything for us, but right now he’s not in any Top 20 WRs in the draft list. Some have him around 25th WR so he’s likely 6th or 7th round if in the draft at all.
Yeah, X should play. He is a good WR, but he has dropped several passes this year. Having a good showing against a highly rated team might be what he needs to get him drafted.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
X is a captain and I would hope guys like Xavier, Anthony, Vance & Downing look at the possibility of beating TCU as an epic end of their Cyclone careers.

Playing or not playing will have no impact on his draft standing, it's going to be all about his combine workout and 40 time. I would guess that X has insurance in case of a catastrophic injury. The ND LB was a different situation because he was projected as a top 5-10 draft pick. I don't think ISU has a guy in that range;).;)

Williowa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2016
He‘s currently slated as a 7th rounder.

What I’ve seen or heard is the biggest concern is the unknown of his route running. ISU runs a pretty basic tree and most of his catches are on the easiest of those routes. Even if the catch is amazing, the routes get more complex against more dynamic defenses than he’s used to.

The other thing is his speed is just average. While he has good size and hands, his measured speed isn’t great.

It will come down to combine for him. If he can alleviate concerns on routes and his speed improves even a fraction, he could get up to a late 4 or early 5 round in my opinion.
I seem to remember a forum a few weeks ago when we determined he wasn't getting drafted at all. So yeah... He needs to play.