*** Official Texas Tech vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I am sure glad we had the weather on our side for this one. We might not have sustained our streak of close losses if it was warmer!!!
And wore black. 0-2 in black unis this year when we were previously undefeated at JTS.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
This has to be the most mistake prone offense I have ever seen. So many plays where there are one or two players who just straight up either aren't doing something important or are getting beat. The average level of individual execution within the offense is probably the worst I've ever seen under Campbell. The excuses don't exist for many of the mistakes I've seen tonight.

I would love to hear someone who actually knows the game review this tape and grade out plays to see what percent of plays did everyone actually execute to the minimum required for success.
Jeff woody needs do a 3 hour special

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I would love for the people who told me this team deserves a bowl game to show up now. What a pathetic effort by everyone but the defense

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
If Cambell refuses to make changes then JP needs to change his hands off policy. Cambell has made some positive change but he is pissing it all down the toilet and JP needs to step in and protect the program.
You need spellcheck.

• Useful
Reactions: khardbored

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Too much pride, or even hubris, to not admit we do not have the horses to run base plays on short yardage situations multiple times in a row. They were too stubborn to go under center & QB sneak all season up until 2 games ago and then ran the play & it was successful. However, the next game (Okie State) on the road we refuse to run the sneak & we are unsuccessful in 3rd & short. We do so 2 times tonight & both were successful. Had we been willing to do that all season, I dare say we could have 1-3 more wins.

3 straight runs on the inside when we were 1st & goal from the 1 & 1/2 yard line. There were 2, 3, & 4 Tech defenders unblocked in the backfield each play. That level of stubbornness reeks of hubris. Beyond embarrassing

As Gundy said in the presser leading up to last week's game, it is surprising Heacock is still in Ames. Having our defense be so exceptional & our offense & special teams units be poor, but not only that, they look discombobulated & totally ill-prepared, is not fair to the entire roster & the fans. Campbell made mention of that a couple years ago & it seems things have strayed from that mindset. If we need to alter our strategies due to shortcomings (athletic), swallow your pride & make the necessary changes. We need to keep Heacock more than anything (NIL issues included) & match what's been done on that side of the ball with the other areas of the team.

Last edited:

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
We lost again? I read on here all week how Tech is unmotivated to play in temperatures below 80 degrees. And how they'll just give up and roll over since Mahomes did back in 2016.

Reactions: xboxfever

Bob f

Nov 9, 2019
Iowa
All Matt is going to do is talk about the seniors after the game and how much they did for this program and how he feels bad they didn’t get a win tonight…. blah, blah, blah.

He never wants to talk any specifics about the actual game.
What about the specifics of the heaping burning pile of **** he has created?

• Winner
Reactions: joefrog

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
We lost again? I read on here all week how Tech is unmotivated to play in temperatures below 80 degrees. And how they'll just give up and roll over since Mahomes did back in 2016.
Quote people

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Just one of the more frustrating years in all my long years as a Cyclone fan. Elite defense and an offense that can move the ball reasonably well, but had probably the most unimaginative offensive play calling I've ever seen in the red zone. We could have went under center and snuck it and been more likely to have scored on those two possessions inside the 10. Instead, run after run straight into the pile.
Agree with all of this except the latter. There was a pile, but Tech had 2-4 free players on our side of the pile & tackling our RB for a loss. We couldn't even make it into the pile.