CFTV: Steve Prohm following loss to Milwaukee

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Stating his opinion as fact. It is wrong to tweet at recruits. That is dumb. But calling for a guy to get benched doesn't mean you are a horrible fan. A player may in fact need to be benched. Fans have different personalities. Some fans are content win or lose. Some are a little more emotional and react to every play. Some are in between. It is not Jeff Woody's job to say who is and who is not a 'real' fan or a 'good' fan.

If you read between the lines when Matt Campbell and Steve Prohm speak, when they talk about ignoring what people say, it's not just reporters or opposing fan bases that they want their players to tune out. It's also the idiot upset "fan" that tries to address the teams and players directly via social media. There's absolutely nothing to be gained by having those people as part of the fan base and I'm not particularly inclined toward toleration of them.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Terrible!. Just found out Fred didn't get players for Prohm to win in his 3rd year. Zero recruits. This is Morganism! Is it legal for a former coach to not recruit players for the 3rd year a new coach's tenure? NCAA did not approve earlier. A NEW LOW! I'd bet a good coach could make a great case that Fred failed at his job prior to Prohm being hired! How low has Fred gone that he wasn't recruiting good players for the very sacred third year of Prohm's tenure. This is Bliss/Baylor. Bad (or sick) guy!
It’s true, glad you came around. He made Chizik look invested in the long term. Wait until you find out Fred waited until June to leave.

• Funny
Reactions: FOREVERTRUE

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
If you read between the lines when Matt Campbell and Steve Prohm speak, when they talk about ignoring what people say, it's not just reporters or opposing fan bases that they want their players to tune out. It's also the idiot upset "fan" that tries to address the teams and players directly via social media. There's absolutely nothing to be gained by having those people as part of the fan base and I'm not particularly inclined toward toleration of them.

yeah the stuff about actually contacting players is insane.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Raise the standard and expect more. 6-6 is ********, so is losing to UWM.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
Terrible!. Just found out Fred didn't get players for Prohm to win in his 3rd year. Zero recruits. This is Morganism! Is it legal for a former coach to not recruit players for the 3rd year a new coach's tenure? NCAA did not approve earlier. A NEW LOW! I'd bet a good coach could make a great case that Fred failed at his job prior to Prohm being hired! How low has Fred gone that he wasn't recruiting good players for the very sacred third year of Prohm's tenure. This is Bliss/Baylor. Bad (or sick) guy!

I'm not saying that Fred completely failed his job, but he did however not recruit anyone notable his last two years as a coach. He hated recruiting, we KNOW this.

I will say most coaches don't walk into a stacked team the way Prohm did, but to fill juniors and seniors he has had to work his tail off trying to get transfers. Wouldn't it have been better if there would have been some that we had recruited in the junior or senior classes?

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
To any questioning CSP tactics to this point, please see the door. This team has too many new faces, has been missing two what will be prominent players, and has to play a completely different style of ball than what we have seen in 6 years at ISU. CFH did his successor no favors his final two years, and taking a job in June to boot. CSP basically started a job with some really good upper class men, and then devoid of any talent younger than 3 years in the program. And the talent he had at the upper class levels was such that he had to try to piece together what they needed so they could be special, and ultimately they were. Now we get to go through the rebuild. CSP, deserves to not be questioned, if this team doesn't improve by Christmas, then yes he can be questioned. But if I had money to bet, we will see marked improvement from the team by then. CSP has a vision, now he just needs everyone to buy in, do what they can to get better. There is talent there, just going to take some time to come to the surface.

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
I'd suggest some of you go back and read your replies to preseason losses for many of the past years. I haven't done the research, but I bet there are similar posts. We've had some real bombs in past years, and last night may have been the worst I've seen in quite a while... but...
- Do you recall the state of the offense last preseason, with all the experienced talent we had? Remember the IA game...?
- Prohm seems to take the long view on the season; certainly much better than any of us fans do, and seems to do it more than other coaches that I've seen
- The way he's gotten the team to play at year-end in his two seasons here is enough for me to give him the benefit of the doubt --> not that this team is NCAA-bound (looks highly unlikely at this point, but who knows, with all the new players we have) but that they will improve quite a bit during the year; to those who'd say a paper bag could have coached the last-two-years' talent to success, see the UAB game (not a slam on Fred; a comment about personalities and getting a team to blend)
- I'm most shocked at how poorly our leaders are playing and how at least one of them showed serious lack of effort on D last night; I assume Prohm will take care of that
- Coach does seem to allow a team to bottom out &/or figure out that their way won't work in order to get them to buy in to what he wants

So, no guarantees, but calling for the end of the season/the coach/etc. is a bit over the top.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Attitude problems. They will fix themselves with terrible losses like these. Donovan said there was no way we would finish last in the conference this year. 'Never let that happen' is what I believe he said. Well I'm challenging you to live up to your word.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
I think he's back at Murray state so unless you subscribe to whatever **** tier streaming service they play on you're probably safe.
Not so sure being they are in the MVC now. He’ll be back in the state a couple of times a year.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Revenge? I completely forgot this game even happened.