That 4th down call should be the nail for Manning

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Let’s be honest. Manning sucks but so do
Our players. Not sure who is the main offensive recruiter but he is failing also. We have recievers that can catch, lineman that’s can’t block and a quarterback that favors throwing to the other team. Mix that with a play caller who is lost. This is what we get

Outside of X I’m not sure who is a big 12 level player on the offense.

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
The game was pretty well lost when Shaw fumbled in the red zone as we were going in to take a two-score lead. Shaw still has not learned his lesson-he was carrying it loose again on a later completion but managed to hold onto it. That’s just really poor fundamentals from someone who has played a lot of football.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
The game was pretty well lost when Shaw fumbled in the red zone as we were going in to take a two-score lead. Shaw still has not learned his lesson-he was carrying it loose again on a later completion but managed to hold onto it. That’s just really poor fundamentals from someone who has played a lot of football.
And why...does poor fundamental and mental mistakes plague every player in our offense?

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I don’t care about bad play calling. I don’t care about dropped passes. I don’t care about careless QB play. All I care about is an OL that could be discussed as good. It is the magic formula for us and we have been bad since forever.

jdolson27

May 23, 2015
IMHO, Campbell and Manning’s offense identity requires an above average OL. We don’t have one. The question for next year is “will Campbell change his offensive philosophy? “ or “continue to try to build an above average OL?”
How about you just play to your strengths and adjust your offense how the defense is set up. Instead of forcing a scripted play book.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I don't disagree that Manning is a mediocre OC, but the problems were not just on the OC today. 5 turnovers and bad drops and false starts aren't Manning's fault.

A lot of things Manning does are also done by many other OCs every week across the country. But we don't/can't execute. That won't magically change by changing the staff.

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
After the Offensive Line (obviously), and the Tight Ends, the Receivers are the next worst group on this squad. X is great but the rest of them are a hot mess.