Wesley Staten on iowa preps

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Check out this thread discussing wesley on iowa preps, sounds like he can really play. Funny that people think his verbal isnt very solid. Also its interesting that they think he might go to texas for hs ball next year.

IowaPreps.com - Message Boards

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
his commitment is very solid. hes not going anywhere. even if the big boys come knocking on his door.

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
look at it this way, either Mac wins by the time this kid gets here (so ISU wouldn't be a bad place to go), or we are looking for a new coach (usual turnover in players/recruits). Nothing I can do about it, so I'm going to assume that the first option is in play!

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Check out this thread discussing wesley on iowa preps, sounds like he can really play. Funny that people think his verbal isnt very solid. Also its interesting that they think he might go to texas for hs ball next year.

IowaPreps.com - Message Boards

I can't believe that crappy *** site still exists...I remember back in high school my freshman/sophomore years it was semi-fun, now it just plain sucks.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
I can't believe that crappy *** site still exists...I remember back in high school my freshman/sophomore years it was semi-fun, now it just plain sucks.

Ya the people on that site are not very smart to say the least. One guy on there thinks that Western Christian Hull(2A) would beat ames easily no matter where they played. Haha.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Ya the people on that site are not very smart to say the least. One guy on their thinks that Western Christian Hull(2A) would beat ames easily no matter where they played. Haha.

There are some I know of who are smart (know them in person, not just their handles). Some of those coaches really know what they're talking about, then you have so and so athlete create an account and say "so what do you think about ______ ______ (insert name here)" and the morons come out.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
I dont think Western Christian Hull would necessarily beat Ames where ever or whenever, but WC-H is a team that would probably be Top 10 in 4-A

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
There are some I know of who are smart (know them in person, not just their handles). Some of those coaches really know what they're talking about, then you have so and so athlete create an account and say "so what do you think about ______ ______ (insert name here)" and the morons come out.

Exactly, Ya you can tell some of the people know what they are talking about. Ya it gets bad when the athletes come on there and defend their school no matter how dumb they sound.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
his commitment is very solid. hes not going anywhere. even if the big boys come knocking on his door.

Do you just say things without any information to back them up? Or can you see in the future 4 years?

It's great to have a verbal from the kid, and he sounds talented, but thinking that he's going to hang up on coaches from big boy schools might be a little too optimistic, especially if ISU keeps losing 16 games a year.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Do you just say things without any information to back them up? Or can you see in the future 4 years?

It's great to have a verbal from the kid, and he sounds talented, but thinking that he's going to hang up on coaches from big boy schools might be a little too optimistic, especially if ISU keeps losing 16 games a year.
he will be like dykstra. hardly pay attention to other schools that come to talk to him. i dont have like a direct quote from wesley, but im pretty certain on this

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
he will be like dykstra. hardly pay attention to other schools that come to talk to him. i dont have like a direct quote from wesley, but im pretty certain on this

It's just that the last thing that I remember you saying, in this thread - http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/mens-basketball/42906-thoughts-where-we-go-here.html - you said:

"CB (Brackins) is way better than Cole Aldrich."

I think, so far this season, that has been way off. So I was wondering if it is typical for you just to spew unmitigated optimism, or if you actually had information that leads you to say the things you say. It sounds more like the former.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Take of your ku glasses. CB is better than Aldrich. Think about it; if Aldrich was at ISU and CB kansas, one of the players would be all-conference, the other not so much.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Take of your ku glasses. CB is better than Aldrich. Think about it; if Aldrich was at ISU and CB kansas, one of the players would be all-conference, the other not so much.

They are completely different players... Brackins is more of a power forward and Aldrich a true center. Aldrich is a better center than Brackins is a power forward...

CysMyGuy

Nov 2, 2006
Southlake TX
He's 14 years old.

I have a 14 year old, so I understand your point. Things can change, but he may be very focused on staying in state and playing for the Clones. My 14 year old plays baseball at a very high level and if Rice offered him tomorrow, he'd take it and never look back - even if Miami, Fullerton and other traditional powers came calling. Bottom line -- only time will tell and I think we should take the young man at his word until he gives us reason to doubt his sincerity. No sense in creating doubt where it doesn't exist.