Exercise Bike

moneyshot8434

Jan 19, 2009
Des Moines
I am looking to sell an exercise bike. Does anyone know of a store in the Des Moines or Ames area that will buy back used exercise bikes. It is under a year old and hardly used.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
IF it's a spinning style bike I might be interested... Otherwise, you will probably get more selling it on craigslist than you would selling it to a store...

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
My dyslexia struck here. I thought this was a thread about ExciteBike and I got really excited.

moneyshot8434

Jan 19, 2009
Des Moines
I was thinking of selling it on ebay or craigslist or something like that. The only problem is that I am thinking it might be quite a hassel to ship. How interested are you in it?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
What's the problem with it. I bought an excersize bike one time just like yours. Everytime I road it the damn thing just sat there peddled and I could never go anywhere. Then I realized the dang thing did not have a back wheel.

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
I was thinking of selling it on ebay or craigslist or something like that. The only problem is that I am thinking it might be quite a hassel to ship. How interested are you in it?
For bulky stuff if you live in an urban area Craigslist works great. You don't have to worry about shipping since you can require the purchaser to pick the item up.

I purchased a leather sectional and a LifeCycle exercise bike using Craigslist. My father has purchased motorcycles using Craigslist and I plan to use it to purchase a bicycle this Spring.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
We just sold a washer and dryer on craigs list. We posted it Sat night and had 8 replies by Sun morning and it was gone Sun afternoon. And with Craigslist its all local so you dont worry about shipping. They just have to come pick it up.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I am looking to sell an exercise bike. Does anyone know of a store in the Des Moines or Ames area that will buy back used exercise bikes. It is under a year old and hardly used.

Send me the particulars, and how much you want for it. I'm looking for a used bike, right now.

moneyshot8434

Jan 19, 2009
Des Moines
Send me the particulars, and how much you want for it. I'm looking for a used bike, right now.

Here is the bike type and model number. Diamond Back Model 1190Rb. You can google it and see what it looks like. I do not have a current picture yet, but I can get one if you want to look at it. I currently have it on craig's list. It is listed at 1500 new and I had an offer for about 800 on it, but they just backed out. So now it looks like best offer!

Last edited:

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Here is the bike type and model number. Diamond Back Model 1190Rb. You can google it and see what it looks like. I do not have a current picture yet, but I can get one if you want to look at it. I currently have it on craig's list. It is listed at 1500 new and I had an offer for about 800 on it, but they just backed out. So now it looks like best offer!

Oooh, too rich for my blood. Sorry!