Tarique Milton Lands at Texas - your thoughts?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Nothing personal against Tarique....... just Horns Down!!

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
If Texas is paying NIL money to get our backup receiver for one year then Texas is the dumbest school in the country.

It is POSSIBLE they wanted a good culture person in that locker room to help drive change. Someone older, experienced, be a good example who would work hard and show the entitled kids how to work hard and be mature. If that was the idea, then it was a good one.

More likely, they just said "good depth piece if all the 5-stars get injured, and we can't find anyone taller".

I wish the best for Tarique, I hope he gets what he is looking for there, whether it is money, good education, coaching connections, whatever. Seems like a good young man from all accounts.

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
I’m as Horns Down as it gets, but I don’t have any ill will for Tarique. He’s an ISU graduate and worked through some tough injuries while here, over 1000 miles from where he grew up.

He’s pursuing a graduate degree at a world class university in one of the coolest cities in America for people in their 20’s. You’ll never catch me rooting for Texas football, but I hope he has a great experience before he graduates and has to go to work like the rest of us.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Jajaja! The problem at Texas for the past decade has entirely been their pathetic culture! Based on that comment alone it sounds like Sark isn't the dude for the job.
So I would like Sark explain why Milton and other recruits have that opinion of Texas before they get there.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
So I would like Sark explain why Milton and other recruits have that opinion of Texas before they get there.
I have more respect for Isheem Young going to Ole Miss than someone who transfers intra league - to a school we dislike nonetheless

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I'm sure if Milton said "The culture here sucks, it's 1000 times better at Iowa State" the Texas coaches would remove him from the squad immediately.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It's kind of sad my lasting impression of him will be failing to fair catch that punt in the Iowa game. The game really turned on that play.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Exactly. Maybe he’ll have a great year there. But it doesn’t change the fact that Texas wanted a player who wasn’t going to play much here.

Good for Milton. Bad for Texas to be taking him.
Not bad for Texas. Like I used to joke about the southern tier of Iowa counties: if Iowa gave them to Misery it would raise the average IQ of both states.

Relax southern Iowans, it is a joke.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Not bad for Texas. Like I used to joke about the southern tier of Iowa counties: if Iowa gave them to Misery it would raise the average IQ of both states.

Relax southern Iowans, it is a joke.
Is it a joke if it’s true?

I’ll see myself out…