I had no idea!

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
Wow crazy. Also this shows that stars me jack ----. If a three star wins the Heisman and starts as a Freshman (Redshirt) than you know these ranking systems are flawed.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
Anybody want to have a debate on whether or not he would have won the Heisman if he came here? I think he made the right choice

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
I didn't know that. On a related note...Michael Crabtree's final 3 were Tech, Kansas and Iowa.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I'm guessing the main reason Sam started as a freshman was due to the Rhett Bhomar (sp) "No Work - All pay " debacle. I think Stoops was pretty much forced in to using him ealier than planned are Bhomar was kicked off team.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
I'm pretty sure he'd be in the exact same place if he was playing for a number of other schools.
Yes, the talent would be there, but the pass first system would not be. You can't tell me that he would have the same number of receptions and yards playing at Iowa.

Harrell and Crabtree go hand in hand, which is why they were both in the heisman race. Green and Crabtree would have to give, one way or the other.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Bradford was OU all the way. He just had to wait for Stoops to give him the Scholly and his mind was made up. It was basically OU and if they never offered it was everyone else.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I didn't know that. On a related note...Michael Crabtree's final 3 were Tech, Kansas and Iowa.

Coming from you, I will not believe it for a second. Some proof could help you in many of your claims.

Dec 15, 2008
Dubuque, IA
Yes, the talent would be there, but the pass first system would not be. You can't tell me that he would have the same number of receptions and yards playing at Iowa.

Harrell and Crabtree go hand in hand, which is why they were both in the heisman race. Green and Crabtree would have to give, one way or the other.

I'll give you that point. TTU's passing offense is unmatched.

Help Support Us

Become a patron