Any chance South Dakota State upsets Iowa?

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
So every team that finishes above .500 in a league gets invited to the championship game? Interesting.
I’d think the undefeated ones would. He seems to think SDSU would be 1-0 in the B10 not vs the B10.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Would be nice if it’s at least a long hard fought battle that wears Iowa down and maybe leads to some unfortunate injury’s. Iowa likely wins it, but you never know. That’s why they play the game.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
The Hawks might win by 40 and make this post look stupid, but what do we think? The Jackrabbits are ranked #2 in the preseason FCS poll.
That's an interesting matchup. Glad we're not playing them.

Hey, it could happen. FCS teams knock off FBS teams every year in these early season matchups. It seems to be happening more often too.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I’d rather face them off a win then a loss.
This can't be said enough. If they somehow find a way to lose to South Dakotah St, we are gonna feel Kirk's wrath in week two, with an ultra focused Hawkeye team. Of course I wouldn't necessarily mind the chance to put them in an 0-2 hole though, and maybe force Kirk into an early retirement at some point during the season, where he hands the reins of a 3-7 Hawkeye team off to Brian.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
That's an interesting matchup. Glad we're not playing them.

Hey, it could happen. FCS teams knock off FBS teams every year in these early season matchups. It seems to be happening more often too.
One of the biggest differences from FCS and D1 is # of scholarships and depth, but first game of the year that really isn't a big factor which is why I think you see these upsets more often.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
One of the biggest differences from FCS and D1 is # of scholarships and depth, but first game of the year that really isn't a big factor which is why I think you see these upsets more often.

It's why I think ISU's 'Super Bowl' crap came up in years when ISU would falter down the stretch.

1st teams for both could be fairly even but ISU hardly ever had anything beyond that.

And then if ISU lost a lot of players to graduation the drop off was way worse than what Iowa would generally see and the result would be an ass kicking.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE