Any chance South Dakota State upsets Iowa?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
The Hawks have almost lost to some team that you would think they would roll on. NDSU got them a few years ago, and did it in convincing fashion. I suspect the Hawk defense is going to be pretty salty and the offense is going to suck, again. The key is turnovers. If Iowa turns it over a couple times, they could be in trouble.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They're everyone's Super Bowl so it's always possible someone will rise well above their talent level and shock the college football world.

• Agree
Reactions: Peter and GoHawks

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I don’t know anything about Iowa this year, but I’d think there’s no way their defense scores as much as it did last year. It would probably be pretty hard to have a defense as good anyways, but they never have a bad defense either. You’d also think their offense can’t be any worse. So who knows.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
I'd be more surprised if there were over 40 total points scored. My best guess is it will be like 7-3 Iowa halfway through the 4th quarter, then they'll return a punt and a Pick 6 or something in quick succession so the final score ends up 24-3.
If I had to guess, I think you’re probably close to spot on. Low scoring game, close for about 50 minutes, then Iowa takes control in the last ten minutes of the 4th quarter and wins by double digits.

I do think SDSU is probably better than at least half of FBS.

Reactions: Jeffrey Scott

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Iowa will win easy. Their excruciatingly boring offense will lean on SDSU until they fall.