Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This thread is a microcosm of CF. No matter how many times something been said. Somebody will always feel the need to repeat it.

Reactions: GoldCy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Lol, there was no information, he was butthurt and started dragging a HS kid by accusing him of taking illegal payments. And some around here apparently are ok with that. I hope he's getting the help he needs.
Making up rumors about a HS kid bc he picked your rival school is childish behavior.

Just glad an ISU reporter didn’t run with the story and write up an article that talked about the alleged payments. That would’ve been bad bc the rumor would’ve had legs being that it wouldn’t only be on a message board and started by an obsessive fan. Imagine if Iowa State’s lead recruiter started that rumor..

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Making up rumors about a HS kid bc he picked your rival school is childish behavior.

Just glad an ISU reporter didn’t run with the story and write up an article that talked about the alleged payments. That would’ve been bad bc the rumor would’ve had legs being that it wouldn’t only be on a message board and started by an obsessive fan. Imagine if Iowa State’s lead recruiter started that rumor..

Who was the Iowa media person that brought the grade issue with Deyo again?

Reactions: Remo Gaggi

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Lol, there was no information, he was butthurt and started dragging a HS kid by accusing him of taking illegal payments. And some around here apparently are ok with that. I hope he's getting the help he needs.

And hopefully some in the U of I AD’s office are getting the help they need too regarding Mr. Hunter Deyo, right?

That was despicable.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Yes, XN getting paid, Deyo's grades, Twedt being a thief. I agree the Deyo thing is on a different level coming from someone associated with the program, not good. But it's all baseless defamatory crap grown adults are slinging about 18 year olds in the interest of fandom. Just lame.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
And hopefully some in the U of I AD’s office are getting the help they need too regarding Mr. Hunter Deyo, right?

That was despicable.
LOL. You know who is in charge of that dept and who the employees are, correct?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yes, XN getting paid, Deyo's grades, Twedt being a thief. I agree the Deyo thing is on a different level coming from someone associated with the program, not good. But it's all baseless defamatory crap grown adults are slinging about 18 year olds in the interest of fandom. Just lame.
Oh it’s definitely lame. It’s high school level rumor stuff.

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
Just figured the analysts would look at ISU as a competitive team with Iowa. It is almost always a close game. I can't imagine most Hawkeye fans feel as confident to beat ISU this year as they do the other 4 you mentioned. Unless they haven't really thought about what ISU has this year. Plus those other teams have had fairly poor records lately while we go to bowl games every year including a NY6 bowl win. But I understand an Iowa fan would want to lump ISU in with those others. We do manage to lose the CyHawk every year.
Iowa vs Nebraska has been close every single year besides 2018 I think? Nebraska is also a preseason top 25 team to some, yet ISU>Nebraska?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Several college football analysts have said so.

That’s not even my point. The original post didn’t have ISU and Nebby in the same category. I’m taking Nebraska if they played h2h.
Iowa State has made 5 straight bowl games while Nebraska has missed 5 straight.. Right now they’re not on similar levels.

• Winner
Reactions: RezClone

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
Several college football analysts have said so.

That’s not even my point. The original post didn’t have ISU and Nebby in the same category. I’m taking Nebraska if they played h2h.

No, the actual point is that the CyHawk game is always competitive, even when one team is far superior to the other. No matter how good the teams come in, or end up, the game could go any way. That is why ISU wasn't marked as a sure win. It's not that complex.