Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
LittleWx found a good sized caterpillar last night that appeared to be a tomato hornworm. I did not anticipate him being upset when he went out this morning and it was gone.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
LittleWx found a good sized caterpillar last night that appeared to be a tomato hornworm. I did not anticipate him being upset when he went out this morning and it was gone.

Well that's better than some experiences I had with befriending kittens in our barn growing up.

(they would die of distemper out of nowhere)

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I hate it when you drop your vehicle off for an oil change and the person that drives it for 50 feet feels the need to adjust the seat :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I hate it when you drop your vehicle off for an oil change and the person that drives it for 50 feet feels the need to adjust the seat :mad: :mad: :mad:
At the dealership most vehicles have two presets for seats and such. I would set one to be as high and far forward as possible. The second one was set to go down and lay the back down. You started randomly pushing buttons on our stuff and you had a mess on a test drive.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I can live with the seat adjustment since I always notice it and change it back. What gets me is when they turn the headlight switch from 'auto' to 'off' and I don't notice it until I have been driving around half an hour after dusk without my lights on.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I can live with the seat adjustment since I always notice it and change it back. What gets me is when they turn the headlight switch from 'auto' to 'off' and I don't notice it until I have been driving around half an hour after dusk without my lights on.
Changing radio stations and volume.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Just here for a few - I found internet in the Latvian countryside! On the bus heading back to the ship now. Trip has been beautiful so far. If you're a Facebook friend I hope you are enjoying the nightly photo dumps from our granddaughters. I think M has taken around a million pics so far.
Home in a week, and then it's FOOTBALL SEASON.

BTW I have been watching email when possible...anything new on MBB seating?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Just got an email about multiple failed logins to my Bank of America account so it's been locked. I need to click a link to unlock my account.

I don't even have a BoA account lol

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I remember having a great post for you all but I can't remember it, or maybe it was a dream. Anyway have a great Friday!

Probably about cute kids stuff, frustrating work stuff or weather. ;)

No cute kids stuff but I did bike 26 miles yesterday, DND. Shifting to weather, two crazy days in a row. It was NOT crazy ass windy yesterday so ride was great and nice enough that I sat on deck with a couple of neighbors and had some drinks and talked about the meaning of life. Today is second crazy weather day in a row. It's raining! Nearest NWS gauging station says a good inch of rain already. In drought world that = :oops:.

Reactions: wxman1

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Having turned down one in-person school (twice, sort of) for their emergency, now I applied to a different one.

So many of these remote options want you to live in the state. This one didn't say so. Wonder if that's an unlisted requirement, or if this might be a go. If so, this one is teaching graduate classes.

I have the most complete, in terms of teaching, "maybe this guy can't hold down a job" CV among recent grads that I know. Oof.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Probably about cute kids stuff, frustrating work stuff or weather. ;)

No cute kids stuff but I did bike 26 miles yesterday, DND. Shifting to weather, two crazy days in a row. It was NOT crazy ass windy yesterday so ride was great and nice enough that I sat on deck with a couple of neighbors and had some drinks and talked about the meaning of life. Today is second crazy weather day in a row. It's raining! Nearest NWS gauging station says a good inch of rain already. In drought world that = :oops:.
The rain put my new driveway that was supposed to go in today on hold. Shouldn't put down bituminous concrete in standing water. It has been so dry that despite the rain filling up the hole up to the sidewalk, within an hour the hole was completely dry of any standing water. If I went out could probably hear the sucking sound as the ground slurped up that water. Lady called apologizing for having to reschedule. I told her we need the rain so much I'm not even sorry.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Luckily mine just turns the radio off. I can't complain too much about that.

My neighbor works in an auto shop. He told me about the crazy things he had to try to get his guys to do during COVID - cleaning and recleaning car interiors so that his guys had a fighting chance to not get COVID and not transmit it to customers. He said he was more diligent than most of his guys and despite working straight through the worst of it he never got it.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Just here for a few - I found internet in the Latvian countryside! On the bus heading back to the ship now. Trip has been beautiful so far. If you're a Facebook friend I hope you are enjoying the nightly photo dumps from our granddaughters. I think M has taken around a million pics so far.
Home in a week, and then it's FOOTBALL SEASON.

BTW I have been watching email when possible...anything new on MBB seating?
I like the pics, no matter who takes them. I’m at the state fair all the way through, and the fair terribly stingy with WiFi access this year, so most phone posting is via data. Started a Facebook daily post with a theme and supporting pics from the 4-H building here. First few days are always exciting. A week from now I’ll be wondering (for the nth year) just what there is to highlight that I haven’t already done.
Don’t know anything about mbb tix.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The actual reason I brought my truck in is because the radio will change stations all on it's own. It also keeps changing the displays, display format and do stuff like pull up navigation and tell me I haven't put in a route.
They told me I need a new radio, so now I have to wait for that to come in so I can go back and have them replace the radio and **** up my seat again.

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
The actual reason I brought my truck in is because the radio will change stations all on it's own. It also keeps changing the displays, display format and do stuff like pull up navigation and tell me I haven't put in a route.
They told me I need a new radio, so now I have to wait for that to come in so I can go back and have them replace the radio and **** up my seat again.
I had a car where the radio would crank the volume to 11 all by itself and it wouldn't let you turn it down for a few moments

Status
Not open for further replies.