KXNO Sports Fanatics

CoachBob

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
I think the morning both 6 and 10 outpace the afternoon show without Williams. Last week the afternoon was just awful. Boring to me but it may have been someone else's cup of tea.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
I agree that I’m disappointed the direction fanatics has gone once Chris left. I enjoy Ross a lot but care very little for the other people brought on the show besides Stanz and a couple other ISU personalities. The time spent on the parking segment was cringy and I turned the dial after about 2 minutes of that. I will tune back in the closer it gets to football season, but it’s pretty rough! Hoping for the best if/when Sean R. gets the 2nd host spot!

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I agree that I’m disappointed the direction fanatics has gone once Chris left. I enjoy Ross a lot but care very little for the other people brought on the show besides Stanz and a couple other ISU personalities. The time spent on the parking segment was cringy and I turned the dial after about 2 minutes of that. I will tune back in the closer it gets to football season, but it’s pretty rough! Hoping for the best if/when Sean R. gets the 2nd host spot!
Would have been nice if Stanz would said he came on to talk about football and not parking

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Acylum

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Agree with the sentiment and I listen to kxno a lot. This afternoon Ross was talking to a writer friend that decided to become a teacher. Just talking about that a little is OK but it went on forever.
I'm not trying to pile on Ross because if he didn't have a rolodex of even these guests, there would be no reason to even air a local show during the time slot.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
They keep talking about freaking golf. The LIV tour and how it's not that relevant. Well, then why talk about it constantly? Boring and pointless as f@@#. Football season is right around the corner fellas. Come up with something interesting to listen to.

Reactions: Acylum

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I thought the parking talk was awesome.

My dad always said you either back in or back out.

I drive a truck so I normally back in.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
They keep talking about freaking golf. The LIV tour and how it's not that relevant. Well, then why talk about it constantly? Boring and pointless as f@@#. Football season is right around the corner fellas. Come up with something interesting to listen to.
AD literally said there's no buzz around LIV golf. Murph,, Andy and AD all said they haven't watched any LIV golf. Yet, they spend time extensively talking about it.

I decided to send a message to the morning rush, Murph & Andy, and the fanatics that if a listener wanted to hear this much LIV talk that they could get it from national sports radio.

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
AD literally said there's no buzz around LIV golf. Murph,, Andy and AD all said they haven't watched any LIV golf. Yet, they spend time extensively talking about it.

I decided to send a message to the morning rush, Murph & Andy, and the fanatics that if a listener wanted to hear this much LIV talk that they could get it from national sports radio.
Don't bother, they'll be offended and tell you it's their show and they can talk about whatever they want.

Reactions: egunzy

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
Way to ask about any Mike Rose info this morning,guys. A waste of a chance to ask a question.

dmdoc

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2021
Emery talks about the NBA quite a bit. History is pretty clear that there is not much of an appetite for national sports talk on our local shows in this market. Shawn seems to get this, should be him. I like Ross but if Emery is the one it's going to be much less likely that I listen every day.

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
Ross is meh. Talks too much baseball the way it is. If you put Sean with him, it'll never end.

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Never thought I'd say this, but the best Cyclone coverage on the station happens on Miller & Condon. Nick Osen from 247 & Dave Sprau are on at least weekly and provide great content. I listen via podcast and check the Spotify podcast summaries to catch the segments they're on air. The Fanatics show is unlistenable for me without Chris. Ross seems like a good guy but is a role player and can't carry the show. The station needs a strong Cyclone voice to counter all the on air Hawk fans. They're losing me fast.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
Never thought I'd say this, but the best Cyclone coverage on the station happens on Miller & Condon. Nick Osen from 247 & Dave Sprau are on at least weekly and provide great content. I listen via podcast and check the Spotify podcast summaries to catch the segments they're on air. The Fanatics show is unlistenable for me without Chris. Ross seems like a good guy but is a role player and can't carry the show. The station needs a strong Cyclone voice to counter all the on air Hawk fans. They're losing me fast.
Don’t know if the content is great,but is getting there,in my opinion. Would be nice if they were even more plugged in.