This Drives me Crazy

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
I know it's the world we live in and stuff get's settled all the time. But I am so mad about this. ISU did nothing wrong and we're paying out to get it over with or whatever. That woman deserved to get canned for everything that I've read. You don't even show up for athletic dept fundraisers and then ***** about how your program isn't getting enough money. Seriously shut the **** up.

WHO TV - Des Moines: Iowa State Settles Suit with Former Softball Coach

I'm sorry if this got posted, I didn't see it anywere

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Wow, in an at will employment state they couldnt get out of this for less than 400k? ISU needs better lawyers.

aeroclone08

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Wichita, KS
Ugh that's terrible. This of course comes at a time when the University has to make 4.2 million in cuts for the rest of the fiscal year.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
Isn't she the one that bitched about a pre-game prayer down in Baylor too? She should've been canned after that PR mess.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Get better lawyers for **** sake what a joke I hate the boohooo society we live in. If you cant coach to bad, move on but don't blame it on ISU for some BS charge ugggggggggggg

tec71

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
The school's lawyers were fine. Bad facts make a bad case. BVD and staff screwed up by not documenting the performance issues along the way, and not letting her know her job was on the line. She papered her file by droping the "inequality" land mine. once she does that the perception that any action the employer takes is retaliation is a tough one to get over. She questions the "inequality." They fire her (probably for real performance issues) but a reasonable jury could see it as retatliation. Plus with the fee shifting provisions involved when she gets a dollar in judgement the school has to pay her attorneys.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Iowa State Athletics: Ex-Cyclone coach Crowe awarded $287,000 | DesMoinesRegister.com | The Des Moines Register

The jury's verdict awarded Crowe $90,000 in back pay, $160,000 for past emotional distress and $37,000 for future distress from her improper firing. But that might not be the only relief sought in the case, according to Tom Newkirk, Crowe's lawyer.

Newkirk said the verdict clears the way for Polk County Judge Scott Rosenberg to reinstate Crowe as softball coach or take other steps to provide equitable relief under Title IX. Those steps could include Rosenberg ordering a complete audit of Iowa State's athletic compliance with Title IX and demanding improvements to the school's softball facilities.

Newkirk said that a hearing on what kind of relief should be provided is likely to be held next month after motions are filed by both sides.
Reinstate? You have to be kidding me...