Taylor Martin

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
According to the headline on CR, Taylor Martin might be on-board again, after decommitting about a month ago. He would be a good get and instant help where we need it the DL.....

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Too bad he changed his mind and still couldnt come in for this semester and play spring ball.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
He's a DE now, but his CC coach said that he could play at about 280 lbs, which sounds like more a DT to me.

MaxPower57

Mar 30, 2006
I don't know what ISU sees in him, but he must have some potential. He only had 11 tackles, 3.5 TFL, and 2.5 sacks at Antelope Valley C.C. this past season.

Agreed, I was confused when he decommitted since no other schools were really recruiting him. Now, maybe he realizes this and wants to get back on the bandwagon. I thought initially that it might be something to help get Butler, but now he's at K-State. Whatever, if Rhoads wants him then I'm sure he has some potential. If we get some big tackles who command doubleteams, some d-ends who can win one vs. one matchups, and some LBs who can actually get to the QB if they blitz then we may have a good defense.....but its still to be seen if we have those type of guys.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Agreed, I was confused when he decommitted since no other schools were really recruiting him. Now, maybe he realizes this and wants to get back on the bandwagon. I thought initially that it might be something to help get Butler, but now he's at K-State. Whatever, if Rhoads wants him then I'm sure he has some potential. If we get some big tackles who command doubleteams, some d-ends who can win one vs. one matchups, and some LBs who can actually get to the QB if they blitz then we may have a good defense.....but its still to be seen if we have those type of guys.

Agree, I thought he had to be a combo with Butler, but I guess not. The schools recruiting Martin are not exactly impressive. Whatever.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron