Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Big difference if they said it was fluid or saw him as o lineman vs just flipping him to the o line because of the need. Glad he’s not getting a bait and switch, I would have found that highly unlikely from what I know of Campbell.
He hasn’t had a single practice at ISU yet. If the kid wants to try DL, he’s going to start at DL for at least fall practice. Then if a change needs to be made, they’ll discuss it. Most schools do it that way.

• Agree
Reactions: 7Got6

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Iowa could have very well made a huge mistake here. Time will tell, but their previous QB evaluations, don't leave me feeling confident in this one. Seems like Kohl has made a ton of progress the past year that is for sure. Recruiting is also a very tricky game, hard to turn down one prospect when he is ready to commit for a chance to get someone later that might turn you down.

Iowa didn’t make a mistake. They weren’t getting any traction with Kohl when they took Lainez

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Iowa didn’t make a mistake. They weren’t getting any traction with Kohl when they took Lainez
That’s not at all accurate.

“I’m keeping them in my corner,” Kohl said. “You never know if something crazy could happen like Marco decommitting or something like that. It’s a pretty good program. Kirk Ferentz is doing a lot of good things, so they’re definitely still up there.”

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
He hasn’t had a single practice at ISU yet. If the kid wants to try DL, he’s going to start at DL for at least fall practice. Then if a change needs to be made, they’ll discuss it. Most schools do it that way.
This.

They’ll have at least 14 months to figure out where Deyo fits. He’s likely not playing more than 4 games this year regardless with what ISU has on the interior DL and OL.

Reactions: Frak

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
This.

They’ll have at least 14 months to figure out where Deyo fits. He’s likely not playing more than 4 games this year regardless with what ISU has on the interior DL and OL.
Yeah, where he's at when spring practice ends next April will be his position most likely. Until then, it's all evaluation unless he kills it in fall practice.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
That’s not at all accurate.

“I’m keeping them in my corner,” Kohl said. “You never know if something crazy could happen like Marco decommitting or something like that. It’s a pretty good program. Kirk Ferentz is doing a lot of good things, so they’re definitely still up there”
They would have maybe made his Top 7 list. Congrats on being a “pretty good program”

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
That’s one way of doubling down about being wrong.
I am not the one claiming that Iowa picked Lainez over Kohl like it was The Bachelor rose ceremony. They took a guy who would commit over being a team that may or may not have gotten a visit from another kid. ISU was in the drivers seat for Kohl from his first camp. He gave a couple Big 10 teams a chance just to make sure he wasn’t picking ISU just because he was a fan. Iowa was smarter than their Big 10 West brethren. I give them credit.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I am not the one claiming that Iowa picked Lainez over Kohl like it was The Bachelor rose ceremony. They took a guy who would commit over being a team that may or may not have gotten a visit from another kid. ISU was in the drivers seat for Kohl from his first camp. He gave a couple Big 10 teams a chance just to make sure he wasn’t picking ISU just because he was a fan. Iowa was smarter than their Big 10 West brethren. I give them credit.
I'm keeping an eye on Smolik too. Seems to be blowing up now. If he has a good senior year, watch out.