Monte Morris being traded to the Wizards

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I'm happy as a Wizards fan, sad for Monte.
HA. Yeah sadly Monte not going to a great organization.

Also, is this a good trade for Denver? At first look doesn't seem like it but I don't know all those players well enough I suppose.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I wondered if Monte would be on the move as I read last week that the Nuggets needed to cut some payroll to in order to fix some needs on its roster.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Denver banking on Jamal Murray health seems like a risk IMO, isn't his injury history a big reason that Monte has had the opportunity to shine?

And assuming that Bones Hyland takes that next step.

I always thought they should slide Murray over to the 2 and let Monte run point. Bring Barton off of the bench to be the playmaker with Hyland on the 2nd unit.

• Agree
Reactions: Lyon309Cy

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
HA. Yeah sadly Monte not going to a great organization.

Also, is this a good trade for Denver? At first look doesn't seem like it but I don't know all those players well enough I suppose.
Nuggets are getting destroyed on Twitter right now. Whatever that’s worth.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Wizards are on the way up imo. Monte will help them make another step. He will work well with Beal.

Wizards are terrible, Beal is always hurt, and that organization is a mess. Glad for Monte that he keeps getting to play but man I enjoyed watching the Nuggets, going to be tough to want to try and find a Wizards game.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I suppose this saves a little bit of money for the Nuggets, but they are downgrading with both guys. Barton is better than KCP. Morris is significantly better than Smith.

Looks like a bad trade for Denver, but maybe they have a few more moves that will accumulate some additional cap space and it will start to make sense. But on the surface this looks like a bad trade for Denver.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Bummer. But cool for monte to be in demand.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Denver banking on Jamal Murray health seems like a risk IMO, isn't his injury history a big reason that Monte has had the opportunity to shine?

IMHO, not really. The nuggets basically bounced Gary Harris a couple years ago, because Harris was 3% better than Morris (better D, but couldn't shoot) at multiple x of Monte's salary. Morris was already playing a ton then, but that allowed Morris to basically play starters minutes.

Murray tore his ACL in the spring of 2020 and has missed over a year, which is has screwed Denver for the last two playoff runs, right in the middle of Jokic's prime. Murray was pretty durable before the injury and he's still the best player in the league that hasn't been an all-star imho.

Morris was the starter ever since that happened and has been serviceable, but not spectacular. The Nuggets also likely hit a homerun with PG Bones Hyland in last years draft, so this will clear the way for him to play more.

As a Nuggets fan, and ISU alumni, this blows.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Wizards are terrible, Beal is always hurt, and that organization is a mess. Glad for Monte that he keeps getting to play but man I enjoyed watching the Nuggets, going to be tough to want to try and find a Wizards game.
I know he might re-sign with the Wizards but believe Beal opted out of his contract.