Hawkeye Basketball Recruiting

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
They just got Koch, who is a legacy, but his dads good friend coaches at Wisconsin. and he is from Indiana area and was deep in the process with Purdue
Understand, legacies are never a sure thing. We lost out to UNI on one not long ago.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
He is on track, but I would expect a redshirt
I would be shocked if Dix does not redshirt. Really unfortunate and bad injury. I would think even if he can go he's got to have some serious rust.

The kid can play. I don't like Iowa, but I hope he can make it back to 100% and play. It seems like he should, it was just always going to be a pretty long haul to get back.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Nice try on the lucky break with Hepburn. When he went out he had played 14 minutes, 0 pts, 0% from the field, 0 assists and 2 turnovers. Hepburn was trash.

I get it, it sucks trying to justify one of, if not Fran's best teams being completely and utterly non-competitive with ISU. It sucks to have ISU's patchwork roster beat the co-champ of the Big 10.

It's almost as if, and hear me out here, that KenPom has some legitimacy and the Big 12 was a way better conference than the rest, and ISU's results showed exactly that.
Did Kenpom value ISU as top 16? Iowa lost because they ran out of steam and did not hit shots, much like the team that Won the big 12 tournament a few years ago from Ames.

ISU road a hot hand and caught breaks is all I am saying. Much like St Peters did.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Can we make jokes about Frans only good gets being legacies that have to go to someone else to develop in here?

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Did Kenpom value ISU as top 16? Iowa lost because they ran out of steam and did not hit shots, much like the team that Won the big 12 tournament a few years ago from Ames.

ISU road a hot hand and caught breaks is all I am saying. Much like St Peters did.
pepe.jpg

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

Nice try. Of course not. Even with SoS being a factor, you can't lose as many games as ISU did in Big 12 play. It didn't matter that it was the best conference by a mile. You still have to actually win some games, which once ISU got into the best conference in basketball, they found difficult, despite how much success they had against other conferences.

I love how people, ISU fans included, try to explain how this team was really good before big 12 play, pretty bad in Big 12 play, then good again outside of Big 12 play. It's almost like there might be a pattern there. They were 15-1 outside the conference and 7-12 vs. the Big 12 for a reason.

I get that he did well against the Big 10, but Hepburn was absolutely awful against ISU. Maybe Hepburn was a good player having a horrible day. But he was not good AT ALL.

Look, your team and your conference flopped again in the tournament. Congrats on the pumped up KenPom by beating Western Michigan by 1000 points and pressing Wisconsin's walk-ons to get the game close

Iowa was a nice team that didn't belong on the same court as ISU back in Hilton, and was sitting at home watching ISU beat your conference co-champs. Fran is an OK coach who can ride a horribly overrated conference and some bloated non-con wins to a nice tourney berth.

There's no reason to believe Fran can't keep improving in season 17 and beyond as a head coach to the point where things might fall in place one of these years and you can see what the second weekend feels like. Hang in there and keep on thinkin'.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
TJ is a much better recruiter than Fran in all facets. I wish they’d go head-to-head more in recruiting, but I don’t see it happening.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
They just got Koch, who is a legacy, but his dads good friend coaches at Wisconsin. and he is from Indiana area and was deep in the process with Purdue
You’re right, Fran is killing it on the recruiting trail and sweet 16 appearances.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’d hope you could land a legacy.
Yeah I’m sorry but it really doesn’t matter what schools are recruiting you (I guess unless it’s blue blood), you’re going to be more inclined to choose the school your dad went to. Obviously there are outliers.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Nice try on the lucky break with Hepburn. When he went out he had played 14 minutes, 0 pts, 0% from the field, 0 assists and 2 turnovers. Hepburn was trash.

I get it, it sucks trying to justify one of, if not Fran's best teams being completely and utterly non-competitive with ISU. It sucks to have ISU's patchwork roster beat the co-champ of the Big 10.

It's almost as if, and hear me out here, that KenPom has some legitimacy and the Big 12 was a way better conference than the rest, and ISU's results showed exactly that.
So much this. Iowa State didn't catch a break with Wisconsin. They actually had a really bad break in having to play a true road game in the NCAA Tournament. And they won.