Iowa Football Recruiting

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Its getting quite funny, the nuggets out there is that Bama offered KP a seven figure NIL deal and Iowa is trying to match that and you are trying to convince everyone his offer isnt even one that he can take.
I'm actually not trying to convince anyone of that if you read what I wrote. I said it was a possibility. When you recruit that many high level players, someone is getting slow played. Now, if there's any truth to your NIL rumor, it's probably not Proctor with an uncommitable offer right now. I haven't followed his recruitment very closely since he eliminated ISU. But it's a fact that Bama has had blue chip, top 10-15 ranked OLs that have come in on an OV this month that couldn't commit if they wanted to. Everyone does it. Even ISU has had guys visit that can't commit because they are waiting on a player higher on their board to decide. The way staffs get around it is telling players "We want you to take all your visits to make a good decision". That buys them time. The only way you REALLY know for sure who their priority players are is if you see their big board, and no one has that kind of access.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I’m excited about our offense. I think we have the butler type option again. Not necessarily the receiver but the QB this time. If In trouble, I think Dekkers has the arm where receivers can just release and let him uncork it.

We will have the ability to stretch the field this year which should help pull some defenders out of the box.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
All this football talk has me super excited for the season. Here are my pre-season predictions (that no one asked for)

Iowa State : 8-4
Wins = SEMO, Ohio, KU, KSU, OU, WVU, TTU, TCU
Losses = Iowa, BU, Texas, OSU

Iowa : 8-4
Wins = SDSU, ISU, Nevada, Rutgers, Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Nebraska
Losses = Michigan, OSU, Purdue, Wisconsin
Interesting year for both teams. Iowa St in particular with how much they lost. It will be a telling year for how far Campbell has brought the program. It will also be telling of how keen his eye for recruiting and development is. 8-4 would be a great accomplishment.

Iowas defense is going to be really really good but I have zero faith in the offense. My guess is it will be improved but not by much. 8-4 is probably right with that schedule.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Interesting year for both teams. Iowa St in particular with how much they lost. It will be a telling year for how far Campbell has brought the program. It will also be telling of how keen his eye for recruiting and development is. 8-4 would be a great accomplishment.

Iowas defense is going to be really really good but I have zero faith in the offense. My guess is it will be improved but not by much. 8-4 is probably right with that schedule.
Yeah I have Iowa State "overachieving" this year. I think that our schedule sets us up fairly well to have a shot at winning 8 games. Our defense is going to be pretty solid again but our offense will be interesting. We'll be a different team on that side of the ball, that's for sure. Hunter Dekkers can really throw it well and I think we won't see as many 2-3 TE sets and spread teams out.

• Creative
Reactions: 1776

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Yeah I have Iowa State "overachieving" this year. I think that our schedule sets us up fairly well to have a shot at winning 8 games. Our defense is going to be pretty solid again but our offense will be interesting. We'll be a different team on that side of the ball, that's for sure. Hunter Dekkers can really throw it well and I think we won't see as many 2-3 TE sets and spread teams out.

I do think Dekker’s strong arm decompresses the field. So instead of a 1400 yard rusher we have Brock at 700, Sanders at 500, Dekkers at 400, Silas at 400 etc

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
All this football talk has me super excited for the season. Here are my pre-season predictions (that no one asked for)

Iowa State : 8-4
Wins = SEMO, Ohio, KU, KSU, OU, WVU, TTU, TCU
Losses = Iowa, BU, Texas, OSU

Iowa : 8-4
Wins = SDSU, ISU, Nevada, Rutgers, Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Nebraska
Losses = Michigan, OSU, Purdue, Wisconsin
I would bet the Michigan will be at night. Kinnick at night is a tough place to play. 60/40 Hawks. Rutgers will be a tough game. I think that will also be at night for a pumped up stadium. 60/40 Rutgers. Iowa iowa state will be close. ISU plays the no respect card. 62/38 Hawks.

I think Oklahoma beats ISU by 4, scoring with 30 seconds left.

Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I would bet the Michigan will be at night. Kinnick at night is a tough place to play. 60/40 Hawks. Rutgers will be a tough game. I think that will also be at night for a pumped up stadium. 60/40 Rutgers. Iowa iowa state will be close. ISU plays the no respect card. 62/38 Hawks.

I think Oklahoma beats ISU by 4, scoring with 30 seconds left.
Yeah I will not be shocked whatsoever if Iowa beats Michigan

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
How was this post “creative”? @1776

May 7, 2020
I should have hit optimistic not creative. You could be right and they win 8 games. If they do, it will speak volumes to what Campbell is building at ISU. I would think that 6-6 would be a good year and a losing record isn't out of the question.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I should have hit optimistic not creative. You could be right and they win 8 games. If they do, it will speak volumes to what Campbell is building at ISU. I would think that 6-6 would be a good year and a losing record isn't out of the question.
Got it got it. I was definitely looking at it optimistically. 5-7 isn’t impossible but I think would be worse case scenario.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron