How many of these places have you visited?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I loved Disney World. Spent it with all of my nieces and nephews and had a good time.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Nothing in Iowa? I've been to 11, but close to a lot of them I didn't waste time seeing. Some I wish I hadn't..The Alamo? Book a trip to the Vegas Strip instead.
I enjoyed my trip to the Alamo. But going to the Menger Bar across the street was even better. Very historical, Teddy Roosevelt recruited his Roughriders there.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
I enjoyed my trip to the Alamo. But going to the Menger Bar across the street was even better. Very historical, Teddy Roosevelt recruited his Roughriders there.
I agree everything around the Alamo is pretty cool, but 2 downtown San Antonio places on the list is overkill. If you've been to one you've been to the other. Throw Denali, PCH, Grand Old Opry on that list to get a better spread geographically where people have been.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
33 for me, but I'm old. Only missing Lake Tahoe.

September or early Oct are best for Tahoe if you’re looking at it for outdoor life other than skiing in terms of weather/crowds/mosquitoes. Early May or late April be good same way but varies year to year.

It’s a legit amazing place having such a massive crystal clear lake at that altitude but crowds can get crazy. I’ve only been once for skiing and it was 23 years ago, it was a blast but no idea how it is now. I think instagram makes it more crowded by the year. Desolation Wilderness zone is as beautiful as most of the premier national parks.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I agree everything around the Alamo is pretty cool, but 2 downtown San Antonio places on the list is overkill. If you've been to one you've been to the other. Throw Denali, PCH, Grand Old Opry on that list to get a better spread geographically where people have been.

Agree the two San Antonio locations were head scratcher.

Big Sur coast of PCH is insane. Hotels/motels are crazy expensive but planning ahead to reserve spots to car camp is more fun for about 5% of the cost. Tricky part for planning trip is sometimes part of road will close from rock slide and a few months of year there’s a lot of rain (which increases rock slide odds).

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
Glacier is 10x better than Yellowstone.
10x? I thought yellowstone ruled when i went there (around 2000). never been to glacier. Maybe i should make it up there sometime. got a buddy that lives near there.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
10x? I thought yellowstone ruled when i went there (around 2000). never been to glacier. Maybe i should make it up there sometime. got a buddy that lives near there.
Do it. And get back to me.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
13. Almost all of them during my college years and very few of them in the last 8 years.

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
14. Not bad for someone that has only been in the US for 40% of my life.

isufanz1

Apr 11, 2006
WDM
27 - did a lot of travel as a kid and have continued that experience with my own family. Did 2 huge trips during summer vactions (one loop to the West Coast the other loop to the East Coast). Unfortunately travel is much more expense now so those type of trips are mostly a thing of the past.