Courtcyd Show (Coaches Show)

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Trying to decide whether to drive down to Ames on a Monday night for dinner at Applebees. Any input (positive, negative, nice to do once, etc). Thanks in advance.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Trying to decide whether to drive down to Ames on a Monday night for dinner at Applebees. Any input (positive, negative, nice to do once, etc). Thanks in advance.

We live a few blocks from that Applebees. We did it last year, and it was fun. It's mostly just a normal dining night, with the show playing over the speakers.

We had the booth right next to JW and the intrrviewee's. I know that Chizik had the Quesadilla Burger that night, and I wished that I had.

With that $10 sirloin thing they have going on, it sounds tempting.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I love their oriental chicken salad, the Orange chicken bowl (lots of rice, skillet vegtables), don't forget the dessert shooters!

Yum.

We had a table for to right next to them. It was the first time I've seen JP and it was nice to be facing them. Yet, the speakers aren't the best....

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
I went to a few of these a few years back and was disappointed because you really can't hear the show itself when you're in the restaurant. Unless they've changed the audio setup, I would advise against going if you want to listen in. My guess is they can't play the audio inside the restaurant because it would cause feedback.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
One thing they do there is whoever is the behind the coaches by the biggest percentage gets a free meal.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
You guys are kidding yourselves if you think you are behind the coaches by a larger percentage than Diamond Dave.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
You guys are forgetting the most important part... $2.50 Brutus' ! Thats dirt cheap for most restaurants. Its like tailgating with the coaches and John Walters and idiots callers that you wish would just leave your tailgate.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Went down last night. It was fun. Really couldn't hear the caller's questions, but was able to hear CPR and BF answer them, though.

Unfortunately, I didn't win a raffle prize, and I probably left before they asked who drove the furthest to win a real big prize (I'm sure they do that, right?).:jimlad:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron