Tarique Milton Lands at Texas - your thoughts?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I forgot he left which tells you just how little I think him leaving really impacts the outlook of our season. He's never had more than 35 receptions in a season and that was in 2019. The last 2 seasons he had a combined 30 catches and seemed like he was always banged up and hurt a lot. For 1 more season I doubt he really would have made much of an impact and doubt he will at TX either.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I too enjoy losing to Kansas at home.
giphy.gif

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
When you're a 5'8" college football receiver, you need to be a freak athlete to be successful. Tarique is a very good athlete, but I don't think he was elite level the last couple of years. Seems like a very nice person, though, so I'd like to wish him success. Just wish he'd have picked a different team.

TopCy

Jun 15, 2021
UT Austin is a great place to do grad school, and he gets to play another year of football. I don't think there's a lot more to it than that.
I doubt most players have the hard feelings that fans do toward Texas.

Reactions: khardbored

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Can't hate on this. Maybe it is education driven, and no problem with that. Doubtful NIL had much to do with this.

Losses in secondary are much more of a concern for me than TM.

• Dumb
Reactions: Macloney

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
UT Austin is a great place to do grad school, and he gets to play another year of football. I don't think there's a lot more to it than that.
I doubt most players have the hard feelings that fans do toward Texas.

Can't hate on this. Maybe it is education driven, and no problem with that. Doubtful NIL had much to do with this.

Losses in secondary are much more of a concern for me than TM.
This & This.

Maybe -- just MAYBE -- football isn't his #1 concern. He was a grad transfer, not a "regular" portal guy, no?

Maybe he just wants to actually finish his grad degree and get it for free by being on the team, even if he gets little to no playing time.

• Informative
Reactions: Kinch

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Going 0-3 against ISU the last three years isn’t sitting well in Austin. Could they have more interested in what Milton knows about ISU versus his ability as a player.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
The injury back in 2020? must have been pretty bad. In 2021, he caught a long TD against West Virginia but that was due to blown coverage. He caught a pass against OK state that I thought he would score on, but didn't have the same speed he did back in 2019.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Was that really an INT? I assume it was a game where we blew a lead and lost to KState in painful fashion at the end.
Was that really an INT? I assume it was a game where we blew a lead and lost to KState in painful fashion at the end.

Yep .... Pretty sure that's from 2014 - the 32-28 game.

(Excuse the duplicate quote of your post -- couldn't get my browser to erase)

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Yes. KState was KState and did their 14 min scoring drives and suffocated us. We were up and Jarvis played out of his mind that first half.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
If this was NIL, then A & M must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron