***2022 PGA Championship***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Another day, another constant ball-cupping of Justin Thomas as he fails again in a major.
michael-scott-wink.gif

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don’t have anything against JT, but I can’t stand his dad. More how much CBS wants to make his dad part of this playoff so badly and he is all about giving them what they want.

I want to watch golf. Not his dumb ass.

Love JT, but yeah, his Dad gives off weird vibes.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
The Players really should be the other major of the year, honestly.
I'd say this, or create a new worldwide major. 2 out of 4 in the US is enough. You could go to Australia, other parts of Europe, Ireland, Canada, Mexico, South America, Japan, Korea, South Africa. There are so many places and think what having a major championship visit would do to golf infrastructure. Plus, the thought of guys playing at a place like Royal Melbourne for a major title...it would be incredible. The PGA had an interesting idea to do this previously, but it really doesn't sync with their organization's primary mission.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Yes. I like this because one bad shot doesn’t ruin your chances.
Used to be...but now it's a 2-hole aggregate. Open Championship longest at 4 holes. It's like each major feels the need to be unique so none can have the same playoff format.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I'd say this, or create a new worldwide major. 2 out of 4 in the US is enough. You could go to Australia, other parts of Europe, Ireland, Canada, Mexico, South America, Japan, Korea, South Africa. There are so many places and think what having a major championship visit would do to golf infrastructure. Plus, the thought of guys playing at a place like Royal Melbourne for a major title...it would be incredible. The PGA had an interesting idea to do this previously, but it really doesn't sync with their organization's primary mission.
That's what the WGCs were supposed to be in theory but they just really haven't been used appropriately. One of them should be in Australia for sure.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Me too. I usually like it when a new guy wins, but just cannot get into a guy I have never heard from that hails from Chile. Not wishing him ill, but hope Zalatoris catches him. (Never heard of him either). Was cheering hard for Bubba today, but he melted.

Golf expert too? You really are an expert on everything, Rod.