Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Pretty regular stuff for us, strangest thing would be a small leftover container of sauerkraut. Not strange to have leftover kraut, very strange that I would save what looks like less than a teaspoon's worth.
We had slightly more than that left for several weeks after St. Patrick's Day and Rueben sandwiches. Sauerkraut can (did) go bad.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
A few years ago, I was minding my own business at Cheyenne Frontier Days, when out of nowhere, a jellyfish stung me...
And you just happened to have a clear glass container with you.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Here's a link to the product (orange marmalade by Ecoslay) -- https://www.ecoslay.com/products/or...hJpkvl_S4khnLAblwK_bTDPJlPsAP1I0aAtoqEALw_wcB

It's a gel. I like it OK but wasn't blown away.

I spent much of 2020 messing around with different curly hair products trying to find my staples (or holy grail products as some people call them). I spent so much money only to find that my hair does just fine with Herbal Essences mousse and a product called Uncle Funky's Curl Stimulator.

Were you by chance trying to do the 'Curly Girl Method'?

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Yes. I started trying to follow it at that time. I still do a modified version because some things just didn't work for me.

My wife has been trying do that for awhile and hasn't been getting the ideal curls that she wanted.

• Agree
Reactions: MJ29 and Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
My wife has been trying do that for awhile and hasn't been getting the ideal curls that she wanted.

I can't do the no-shampoo. I have to do a low-lather, at least. It also is meh for me.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Chocolate covered Salted Nut Roll candy bars, a whole box of them. You know, it's hot outside and they'd melt if I didn't put them in the refrigerator.

Reactions: NWICY

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Here's a link to the product (orange marmalade by Ecoslay) -- https://www.ecoslay.com/products/or...hJpkvl_S4khnLAblwK_bTDPJlPsAP1I0aAtoqEALw_wcB

It's a gel. I like it OK but wasn't blown away.

I spent much of 2020 messing around with different curly hair products trying to find my staples (or holy grail products as some people call them). I spent so much money only to find that my hair does just fine with Herbal Essences mousse and a product called Uncle Funky's Curl Stimulator.

Were you by chance trying to do the 'Curly Girl Method'?

Yes. I started trying to follow it at that time. I still do a modified version because some things just didn't work for me.

I can't do the no-shampoo. I have to do a low-lather, at least. It also is meh for me.

So I tried the curly girl method but it wasn’t as good as Reddit claimed. Then I started mixing and matching products until I found my “holy grail” routine. I do think it’s just different preference and hair style. The gel did crap for me personall. I also think a lot of the advice was written for broke college kids which is great and makes the method accessible but it took a while to realize that there’s really good quality products to use instead.

I have a medicated ketocanonzole shampoo I use a few times a week for some dermatitis issues which screws some things up. But this is my normal routine. I wash and condition every other day.

Wash day:
  • Shampoo with SheaMoisture Intensive Hydration Shampoo with Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil
  • Deep condition with Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Condition Hair Mask
  • Comb in after shower the SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
  • Comb in more the SheaMoisture Frizz Free Curl Mousse
  • Style with SheaMoisture Hold & Shine Moisture Mix

I do a 5-10min plop with a microfiber towel between the deep condition and hair smoothie. Allows me to shave or brunch my teeth or whatever I need to do in between.

Non wash day:
Comb in the SheaMoisture Frizz Free Curl Mousse
Style with SheaMoisture Hold & Shine Moisture Mix

• Friendly
Reactions: MJ29 and Angie

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So I tried the curly girl method but it wasn’t as good as Reddit claimed. Then I started mixing and matching products until I found my “holy grail” routine. I do think it’s just different preference and hair style. The gel did crap for me personall. I also think a lot of the advice was written for broke college kids which is great and makes the method accessible but it took a while to realize that there’s really good quality products to use instead.

I have a medicated ketocanonzole shampoo I use a few times a week for some dermatitis issues which screws some things up. But this is my normal routine. I wash and condition every other day.

Wash day:
  • Shampoo with SheaMoisture Intensive Hydration Shampoo with Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil
  • Deep condition with Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Condition Hair Mask
  • Comb in after shower the SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
  • Comb in more the SheaMoisture Frizz Free Curl Mousse
  • Style with SheaMoisture Hold & Shine Moisture Mix

I do a 5-10min plop with a microfiber towel between the deep condition and hair smoothie. Allows me to shave or brunch my teeth or whatever I need to do in between.

Non wash day:
Comb in the SheaMoisture Frizz Free Curl Mousse
Style with SheaMoisture Hold & Shine Moisture Mix
That seems like a lot of work. And you mean there are days you don’t wash your hair?

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Sounds like you were reading the “Which fast food restaurant gives you the worst poops?” thread before posting this.

• Funny
Reactions: ISUCyclones2015

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
That seems like a lot of work. And you mean there are days you don’t wash your hair?

It is a lot of work. And I’ll never complain to a girlfriend with long hair again about how long this crap takes. (I will complain about time management though!)

You’re probably washing your hair way too often. Even 4 times a week is shown to be too much for a lot of people. Some people only need to wash 2 times a month. This concept took a long time for me to grasp but I’ve had healthier scalp and hair ever since.

Unless you have really oily hair or exercise every day with heavy sweating, you don’t need to wash it every day. Ask your wife how often she washes her hair. I think you’ll be surprised.

@Angie sorry for detailing slightly, maybe a future OT should be “what is your shower/hair care/body care routine?”

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It is a lot of work. And I’ll never complain to a girlfriend with long hair again about how long this crap takes. (I will complain about time management though!)

You’re probably washing your hair way too often. Even 4 times a week is shown to be too much for a lot of people. Some people only need to wash 2 times a month. This concept took a long time for me to grasp but I’ve had healthier scalp and hair ever since.

Unless you have really oily hair or exercise every day with heavy sweating, you don’t need to wash it every day. Ask your wife how often she washes her hair. I think you’ll be surprised.

@Angie sorry for detailing slightly, maybe a future OT should be “what is your shower/hair care/body care routine?”
Wife washes everyday. My hair feels slimy if I don’t.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Braunschweiger is good. I only buy it every few years because it's so unhealthy.
He wouldn’t eat it in a pill pocket and he’s the only dog I have ever had that hates peanut butter. Vet tech suggested braunschweiger, she described it as stinky, gummy, and filled with fat and organs and crap no one should eat so dogs love it.:rolleyes: Cream cheese works in a pinch.

Reactions: urb1